AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Rout - Spirit of Humanity Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 8
Production 9.5
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 87%
Member Ratings
Vocals 10
Musicianship 10
Lyrics 10
Production 10
Creativity 10
Lasting Value 10
Reviewer Tilt 10
Average: 100%
Inside AP.net

Rout - Spirit of Humanity

Reviewed by: eatbabiesyum (07/23/10)
Rout - Spirit of Humanity
Record Label: Self-Released
Release Date: April 5, 2010

Who?

Rout is the drum & bass and dubstep side-project of Roughton "Rou" Reynolds (of Enter Shikari).

How is it?

One of the key factors that separate Enter Shikari from other electrocore bands is that they incorporate dubstep into their music, and they actually do it well. Other bands have attempted to use it (such as Attack Attack!) and were not met with the same positive results. The dubstep found in this EP is even better than what you’ll find in Enter Shikari, and has a lot of variety. A nice mix of electronics and moods are found (in a commonly repetitive genre), and the actual programming is fantastic. It contains some very technical beats intertwined with some really great electronics. The drum programming is especially great, and actually helps create moods. What you’ll find here is more than just great dance music. The EP is mostly devoid of vocals, but some guest vocals are provided by a few featured rappers. Both of which I liked a lot. In the end your enjoyment of this EP depends whether or not you like drum & bass and dubstep music.

Recommended If You LikeDrum & Bass, Dubstep, Enter Shikari

http://www.myspace.com/routdj

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
08:43 PM on 07/30/10
Xalik
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not entirely convinced about the album. Two genres that tend to push the envelope and this sounds, well, very generic. I think any solo success he finds could be attributed to his bands fame and not on the merits of his own work. I'm not saying it's a terrible effort, just that there are far better artists out there within both the drum and bass and dubstep genres that have had far better releases this year.
01:34 PM on 07/31/10
eatbabiesyum
Registered Infant Consumer
User Info.
I'm not entirely convinced about the album. Two genres that tend to push the envelope and this sounds, well, very generic. I think any solo success he finds could be attributed to his bands fame and not on the merits of his own work. I'm not saying it's a terrible effort, just that there are far better artists out there within both the drum and bass and dubstep genres that have had far better releases this year.

yeah i think you're right about that, considering i found this out through enter shikari. and yeah there are better dubstep, D&B artists out there, a lot of which i want to review sometime, but i thought this would be a nice stepping stone into that, being that it's someone from a popular band
04:53 PM on 02/12/12
caercove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Coach Coach alex, one of beautiful style of Coach bags. Strong American style, insist in exquisite and superior quality.
Coach Poppy Bag’s series cover various of fashionable bags almost 100.Portable and brilliant color of Poppy Bags is your best choice. Free shipping, no additional tax.
http://www.monterdrebeats.com/Beats-by-Dre-Justbeats-CL6.html
http://www.monterdrebeats.com/Beats-by-Dre-Diddybeats-CL3.html
Diddy beats are represented by Diddy,the affirmative of beats by dre.High discount dre diddy beats,you need to enjoy euphonic voice.
http://www.monterdrebeats.com/Beats-by-Dre-diamond-CL19.html
Musician professional beats.Toppest quality diamond series monster beats online outlet at cheap price, big discount.Time to panic buying!!!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums