Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

This Love Kickstarter

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/25/10)
This Love have started a kickstarter for various things. Check it out and, if you feel so inclined, help the band out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
11:11 AM on 07/25/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Backing this. Wish i lived where I could get a trip with them lol.
11:13 AM on 07/25/10
xsandwichesx
Back from hiatus
User Info.
Will be donating. I have their full support.
11:14 AM on 07/25/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Will be donating. I have their full support.
Do you mean they have your full support?
11:19 AM on 07/25/10
xsandwichesx
Back from hiatus
User Info.
Do you mean they have your full support?

Good point. Lol.
11:20 AM on 07/25/10
dreamoverrecord
User Info.
they clearly don't understand the concept of kickstarter. i don't understand why they didn't just sell all this stuff from an online store. kickstarter isn't just to make money to use on "stuff". the idea is to fund recording an album, etc, not for recording, touring, merch, whatever...
11:22 AM on 07/25/10
HometownHero
User Info.
they clearly don't understand the concept of kickstarter. i don't understand why they didn't just sell all this stuff from an online store. kickstarter isn't just to make money to use on "stuff". the idea is to fund recording an album, etc, not for recording, touring, merch, whatever...
It was. It's to print their album. You get the album on CD if you donate.
11:49 AM on 07/25/10
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Or they could, you know, get jobs.

Radical concept.
11:54 AM on 07/25/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Or they could, you know, get jobs.

Radical concept.
Being a musician is a job?
11:57 AM on 07/25/10
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Being a musician is a job?
If I were a painter, I would not ask other people to buy my paint, canvas, easel, etc.

If you want to buy instruments and a van, get a job and pay for it yourself.
11:59 AM on 07/25/10
HometownHero
User Info.
If I were a painter, I would not ask other people to buy my paint, canvas, easel, etc.

If you want to buy instruments and a van, get a job and pay for it yourself.
Yeah but is it any different then a bands van breaking down on tour or getting robbed and then asking for donations? At least with this if you donate you help print the CD and you get a copy as well as other cool shit.
12:03 PM on 07/25/10
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Yeah but is it any different then a bands van breaking down on tour or getting robbed and then asking for donations? At least with this if you donate you help print the CD and you get a copy as well as other cool shit.
I would be more likely to support a band if they said they need money for X or Y, not "hey we need money to do a whole bunch of stuff and you will probably be paying for our per diems every day and our booze and pool parties in the end."

Don't ask for 4k for "various activities." Come on now.
12:09 PM on 07/25/10
ABJallday
User Info.
Haha there are some cool prizes on there
12:17 PM on 07/25/10
xsandwichesx
Back from hiatus
User Info.
I would be more likely to support a band if they said they need money for X or Y, not "hey we need money to do a whole bunch of stuff and you will probably be paying for our per diems every day and our booze and pool parties in the end."

Don't ask for 4k for "various activities." Come on now.

Obviously you aren't getting how a band trying to make it works. They probably all have jobs. But buying a van, trailer, pressing a CD, recording, merch is by any means is not cheap. Go look it up. And every band out there is in debt too. This is smart what they are doing.
12:27 PM on 07/25/10
0s0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It says all the prizes have to be in Ohio.

I too don't agree with what they're doing. I remember when bands used to work for what they had, going weeks eating canned beans to buy new strings, etc. As far as I'm concerned, this is technologically advanced pan handling.

Furthermore if they want to give a more positive vibe to their financing attempts, give me a cost by cost break down of what you plan to do with that $4,000. Because listening to this band, I feel like the money is just funneling another generic pop group who'll find that the rigorous responsibilities of their "dream" are far more than they were willing to undertake. As a result, they'll break up, and the only remnants of their existence will be a nice post on AP's news page that'll be pushed down with incoming posts about Pete Wentz's new viral-whatever.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests