Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 22 posts
11:09 AM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
nice review man, and only two paragraphs, impressive
Ha, thanks. I didn't want to repeat myself to much.
11:16 AM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
To reviewer: two words sawtooth grin. http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=3917
www.myspace.com/thesawtoothgrin
listen to them and they sound fimilar.
Did you mention these guys were grind?
Dont ask ppl to prove u wrong in you review. Cuz then you get proven wrong.

But ya these guys soon will become i think one of the most popular grind band around.
I don't usually try and define a band by a genre. You could call them grindcore but the typical bands that are referred to as grind sound a lot more crunchier then #12, just my opinion I guess. I asked you to prove me wrong by saying you didn't like the band.
11:25 AM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Touche

Still take a quite listen on their myspace (band has broken up since then).

Im looking foward to their next album. Im pretty sure theyve finished recording it?
I will take a listen. I'm always down for a new good band.
11:35 AM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Ummm Chree played drums, not guitar, and he's not in the band anymore either.
You are correct, I have once again read the bio incorrectly. Fixed!
11:36 AM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
U should they only have unreleased tracks on their website. Cuddlemonster EP is kinda hard to download. They have even higher pitched screams then the # 12.
Any growls? I think those are fucking brutal. Is it as technical as #12 is?
12:13 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Problems with your review -

On empty calm, jamie does not play. That's only alex. And that track is more classical than jazz. Alex over tracked 2 and 3 guitars on that track.

Furthermore, this is a resissue of theri first EP that was out on the now defunct brutal records. They have written 2 records since this point. This is old material - 3 or 4 years old at least now.

that's all.
This is a re-release. I figured I would review it, since it never was before.
12:24 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
good review, lame for people bickering cause it's a re-release. the comparison to sawtooth grin is pretty stretched, at least to me. cloacal kiss makes me wish sawtooth grin would get back together.
It's all good bro, gotta get used to a few cats giving you heat because it never stops. Thanks for looking out though.
03:06 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
nice review, i've never really given these guys a chance but now I think I will
You should, if you do... let me know what you think of the band.
03:25 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
sawtooth grin blows
cloacal whatever their name is kiss blows

just bands for scene kids to name drop who actually are god awful, anyone can scream and play really fast, doesnt it make it good.

good #12 review, i like their stuff, and hope to see any future projects from them etc.

i would like to see pat review have heart, tony danza tapdance extravaganza and/or thumbscrew.
Yo I just got the new Have Heart, should have that up for you soon bro. Tony Danza is fucking BRUTAL. I love them so much. I have to agree, I hate most of those bands scenester kids love to name drop but I don't think #12 is like that by any means. I don't even think most kids get or understand this band so I think I like that, haha.
03:40 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Good review, Pat. Most people here in my town say #12 isn't even "music." Good to know I'm not alone in loving this pretty amazing band.
It bothers me when people say that shit. I listen to tons of music and I think that I am very open minded. Number 12 is AMAZING music, these guys are so intense.
04:46 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
hahaha the fact people name dropped sawtooth grin is pathetic. This band does not sound like sawtooth grin and i can guarantee that twat has never listened to them.
I never have for sure, dono what that is all about.
04:46 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
i love this record. it's definitely one of my favorites.

you say they have a jazz influence way too much, considering they really don't.

your reviews never flow well. you're not a very good writer.
:( Sorry.
07:10 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
i remember listneing to this cd back when i was back in like 8th or 9th grade (senior now) and remember it scaring the living hell out of me. but then in 10th - 11th grade i somehow found the cd in my room and popped it in and loved it since. this was probably the cd that has expanded my musical taste.

and yeah, they are talented at best. The guys in this band dont even look like they'd play in a band like they do (well except for a few). i remember seeing them live and alex came out and was wearing a nice collard shirt with nice jeans and dress shoes and a nice ass leather jacket. and then he busted out his guitar and play some technical jazz riffs. and who would of thought that smoogs the bassists is a substitute teacher on the side? this band never ceases to amaze me.

good review pat!
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah dude, they are super intense. If you want to hear some REAL fucking scary music, PLEASE check out Khlyst, so unreal dude... crazy shit.
07:10 PM on 10/24/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Sawtooth Grin were great, saw them many a time. And i already concider 12 to be one of the biggest grind bands around. Everone should check out Chree's (The drummer on this cd) band, their called Batter Up, its more punk/hardcore stuff but still very enjoyable.
I will look into it for sure. For some reason, the name sounds super familiar.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos