Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
05:16 PM on 10/24/06
stefan.penarice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Any growls? I think those are fucking brutal. Is it as technical as #12 is?

Ohhh man, if you haven't checked it out already:
Ex-Sawtooth Grin
http://www.myspace.com/cloacalkissband

Absolutely nuts. Probably one of the most brutal bands I've heard in terms of sheer madness.

I have the STG's "Cuddlemonster" and the three unreleased(?), however attainable, tracks Boxcutter, Pervavor, and Rapekit.
I also have Cloacal Kiss's LP "Easter".

I agree with others in saying that STG is not a good comparrison... in my opinion they sound nothing alike.

You have a better comparison?

No, comparison's don't matter really, they sound nothing alike.

sawtooth grin blows
cloacal whatever their name is kiss blows

just bands for scene kids to name drop who actually are god awful, anyone can scream and play really fast, doesnt it make it good.

Yeah....... seeing as more "scene kids" "name drop" the number twelve vs. the sawtooth grin or even Cloacal Kiss.

i love this record. it's definitely one of my favorites.

you say they have a jazz influence way too much, considering they really don't.

your reviews never flow well. you're not a very good writer.

Considering the music the Number Twelve comes out with almost ALWAYS have at least 3 distinctive attributes comparative to jazz: Polyrhytm, Call and Response, and Improvisation. And I don't think you should deny that, becuase it's blatanly apparent.

Openmindedness is the key to enjoying music.

I agree with this statement x100000000. I listen to so many different bands and even genres of music, I can't even stand just listening to one becuase I hate having to search through piles of myspaces and go to countless shows to try and find a band I like that fits the genre.

Sufjan Stevens, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Radiohead, Coldplay, Three 6 Mafia, Esoteric, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Deerhoof, etc etc.
08:54 PM on 10/25/06
stefan.penarice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I LOVED Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear, I'll have to check this out thanks to your great review Pat. Is it much different?

Extremely different. Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. seemed to try to be too technical. However, I understand that they are trying to approach how they produce their music a little differently.. as you could see from the transition from POYRRG to "An Inch of Gold for an Inch of Time" (which was widely hated, even I hated it). I'll give the #12 a while to get their feet under themselves to finally master what they're trying to accomplish.

I did see them live last year in Milwaukee. It was absolutely nuts. It was at the Shorewood Legion Hall, extremely small, extremely packed and there was no stage. So... having Jase and Justin on the floor running through the packed crowd screaming wildly each song was an experience no one should pass up, even if you don't like the music.
09:41 AM on 08/10/09
stefan.penarice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I fucking adore this band!!! What are yout alking about us kids not knowing mathocre/experimental bands. AND WE LIKE THEM. At least in my town. I constantly turn people on to new bands like War From A Harlots Mouth, HeavyHeavyLowLow, Tony Tapdance, The Number Twelve Looks Like You (their my fave band, ignore my username, bad pick.)

I like Mongrel best (see avatar) because grandfather, jay walking backwards, and alright i admit it was a whorehouse are EPIC!!!
That post was 3 years old... do you even remember what it was like 3-5 years ago? Guess not.

The number twelve has taken a complete nose dive in my opinion. I can't even listen to them anymore. The drumming has become obnoxious. It's like he's trying to do too much at once to make it sound "oh so technical" but it comes out sounding like asshole. Llyrical structure completely out of sync with the song and the constant groaning just seems endless.

POYRRG will still be my favorite, however.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos