Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 63.
10:35 PM on 10/25/06
xobstacleonex
true blue hooligan since 2001
User Info.
To reviewer: two words sawtooth grin. http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=3917
www.myspace.com/thesawtoothgrin
listen to them and they sound fimilar.
Did you mention these guys were grind?
Dont ask ppl to prove u wrong in you review. Cuz then you get proven wrong.

But ya these guys soon will become i think one of the most popular grind band around.
god. i love sawtooth.
cloacal kiss is just as brutal. but i wish they had a drummer.
08:26 AM on 10/26/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Extremely different. Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. seemed to try to be too technical. However, I understand that they are trying to approach how they produce their music a little differently.. as you could see from the transition from POYRRG to "An Inch of Gold for an Inch of Time" (which was widely hated, even I hated it). I'll give the #12 a while to get their feet under themselves to finally master what they're trying to accomplish.

I did see them live last year in Milwaukee. It was absolutely nuts. It was at the Shorewood Legion Hall, extremely small, extremely packed and there was no stage. So... having Jase and Justin on the floor running through the packed crowd screaming wildly each song was an experience no one should pass up, even if you don't like the music.
Haha wow that sounds fucking awesome. I remember when I saw Death By Stereo on the Thursday tour Efrem actually got into the circle pit and starting running aroun. It was nuts.
08:33 PM on 10/31/06
morris601
Certified Gangsta
User Info.
This Album Is The Jesus Of Spazzcore
07:01 AM on 11/01/06
Ryne
User Info.
“name a band they sound like,”
I think they sound like Saetia in certain aspects.
11:26 PM on 11/01/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
This Album Is The Jesus Of Spazzcore
Lolz, spazz core.
11:26 PM on 11/01/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
“name a band they sound like,”
I think they sound like Saetia in certain aspects.
Possibly, but still... not really.
08:05 PM on 12/21/06
OrangePep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good review.
08:47 PM on 12/30/06
omalljam
User Info.
The best song on this album to me is "If These Bullets Could Talk" because of its raw energy, however i like the drumming in "Blue Dress" better.
10:05 PM on 06/12/09
chelseaxsmilexD
AP.net's official punching bag
User Info.
luv these guys.... listen to iwrestledabearonce. They're great, not jazz themed though, just all over the place in a good good good way.
10:07 PM on 06/12/09
chelseaxsmilexD
User Info.
btw iwabo doesn't sound like tntlly it's just a reccomendation
02:11 PM on 07/15/09
chelseaxsmilexD
User Info.
Yo I just got the new Have Heart, should have that up for you soon bro. Tony Danza is fucking BRUTAL. I love them so much. I have to agree, I hate most of those bands scenester kids love to name drop but I don't think #12 is like that by any means. I don't even think most kids get or understand this band so I think I like that, haha.
I fucking adore this band!!! What are yout alking about us kids not knowing mathocre/experimental bands. AND WE LIKE THEM. At least in my town. I constantly turn people on to new bands like War From A Harlots Mouth, HeavyHeavyLowLow, Tony Tapdance, The Number Twelve Looks Like You (their my fave band, ignore my username, bad pick.)

I like Mongrel best (see avatar) because grandfather, jay walking backwards, and alright i admit it was a whorehouse are EPIC!!!
02:14 PM on 08/03/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
This is my favorite album of all time. If I even attempted to write a review for this it would be eight paragraphs of me saying, "LOVE THIS ALBUM! BUY IT!"
02:15 PM on 08/03/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
The best song on this album to me is "If These Bullets Could Talk" because of its raw energy, however i like the drumming in "Blue Dress" better.
My thoughts exactly.
02:16 PM on 08/03/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
Possibly, but still... not really.
I've gotten the two confused before. But they're not that similar. Nice review by the way.
09:41 AM on 08/10/09
stefan.penarice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I fucking adore this band!!! What are yout alking about us kids not knowing mathocre/experimental bands. AND WE LIKE THEM. At least in my town. I constantly turn people on to new bands like War From A Harlots Mouth, HeavyHeavyLowLow, Tony Tapdance, The Number Twelve Looks Like You (their my fave band, ignore my username, bad pick.)

I like Mongrel best (see avatar) because grandfather, jay walking backwards, and alright i admit it was a whorehouse are EPIC!!!
That post was 3 years old... do you even remember what it was like 3-5 years ago? Guess not.

The number twelve has taken a complete nose dive in my opinion. I can't even listen to them anymore. The drumming has become obnoxious. It's like he's trying to do too much at once to make it sound "oh so technical" but it comes out sounding like asshole. Llyrical structure completely out of sync with the song and the constant groaning just seems endless.

POYRRG will still be my favorite, however.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests