AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Narrative News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Narrative T-Shirt Contest

Posted by - 11:09 AM on 08/04/10
The Narrative are holding a T-shirt design contest. The winner gets two items from the upcoming merch store.

Submitted by JordanBuell

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
11:20 AM on 08/04/10
Echo Park
User Info.
no offense, i like them and all. but are they really "big" enough to start holding contest? I mean, are all their 900 fans going to really partake in this? Yes I know, that number is low, but c'mon
11:36 AM on 08/04/10
JordanBuell
and sail belly up to the clouds
User Info.
no offense, i like them and all. but are they really "big" enough to start holding contest? I mean, are all their 900 fans going to really partake in this? Yes I know, that number is low, but c'mon
i plan on submitting at least 5 designs....

plus when they announced it on facebook a lot off different people said they were planning on giving it a shot. who cares if they are a small band, they still have dedicated fans that would love to win a contest.
11:38 AM on 08/04/10
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
I plan on submitting a couple.
11:41 AM on 08/04/10
Echo Park
User Info.
i plan on submitting at least 5 designs....

plus when they announced it on facebook a lot off different people said they were planning on giving it a shot. who cares if they are a small band, they still have dedicated fans that would love to win a contest.
I guess you're right.
I plan on submitting a couple.
hell i don't know why i said that, i'm submitting one!
11:41 AM on 08/04/10
bop24buf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and if they dont have that many people submitting designs, then....easier to pick a winner? haha. you can have a contest as long as there's more than one person competing. as long as you can have at least one loser, then it doesnt matter how many people enter, haha. i wish i was good at designing stuff so i could enter. i mean, their fans are gonna be wearing the merch, i see no problem in fans designing it.
12:20 PM on 08/04/10
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
I guess you're right.

hell i don't know why i said that, i'm submitting one!
I didn't mean to gang up on you lol. I didn't see the guy's post above me.
01:32 PM on 08/04/10
electricheart
insert interesting user title here
User Info.
I'll try to enter this.
04:50 PM on 08/04/10
StapesMcJeebs
User Info.
I think bands need to stop doing this. A quality design runs for about $150. through a "contest" bands only spend the price of two merch items (at most, $60 bucks or so) and the final product of the new shirt is - lets face it - not exactly comparable to money well spent on a great design. Buying designs keeps graphic designers happy, keeps the fans happy. I thought everybody was all about supporting starving artists?

Thats why bands implore us to buy their shirts, no?
05:06 PM on 08/04/10
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
User Info.
Congratulations to Cue the Sun for her victory.
09:02 PM on 08/04/10
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
Congratulations to Cue the Sun for her victory.
11:52 PM on 08/04/10
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you like them, but you're suggesting they aren't big enough to promote their band with a contest? ok then.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos