Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts
11:40 PM on 08/10/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I might start including a star rating with my reviews. If we worked on a star scale, this would be like a two and a half star album, out of five stars.
01:02 AM on 08/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
hmm, low rating, but oh well, I love this album.
Don't do that! The score is hard to do here. I mean, his voice is great and they're obviously creative and talented....I just think the album is kinda boring and lacks the intangibles. It didn't capture me whatsoever and it's just not up there with some of the other stuff this year. A few years ago I might have given this a score in the high 80s.
10:22 AM on 08/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
This review is about as flat as you think the album is. Poor form. This album is unreal.

How could you think Bambi fell short? Are you listening?
Thanks for that constructive criticism. I am listening, and clearly we disagree. Sorry?
Are you saying that Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix wasn't a solid, consistent album? Did you ever review it? I'd be interested to read your thoughts on it.
That album is not consistent. I did not review it and I'm not about to give it 10 listens to get familiar enough with it again haha. I wish I had reviewed it at the time though....it was getting a lot of praise and I just wasn't on that bandwagon.
Wow. I disagree with this review sooooooooooooooo hard. Sorry Thomas. This is easily one of my top 3 albums of the year so far.

Bambi falls flat? Second best track on there besides Frankenstein. Gahhh and it took so long for this review to come.
I wasn't originally reviewing it. When no review surfaced, I took care of it.
Probably my favorite work of theirs. It maintains energy and hooks pretty much from beginning to end. "Not Sick" is a ton of fun and will appear on more than a few of my future mixes I'm sure.
Interested to hear your thoughts on the album, are you going to write something for it?
Yet another reminder why this site should stick to praising alesana records instead of bland and predictable attempts to review quality music.
Oh good one. Oh yeah, you're a moron.
02:03 PM on 08/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Okay yeah, this review shouldn't stop anyone from listening to the album. Make your own opinion on it. A lot of people are writing that this review shouldn't stop anyone from listening to it....they're all right. That's not what the point of the review was.
02:10 PM on 08/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Thanks for the flat response.
I don't understand your beef. Just because you didn't agree with me, you call this a bad review. My points are backed up, I explained myself clearly.
10:43 PM on 08/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I should have, but I didn't call it in time. Nassiff beat me to it. I will probably review it for my freelance media blog and I'll send you a PM when that goes live. That cool?
I called it from Keagan just because people were asking for a review and it wasn't happening. You should have asked me about it, I've had mediocre feelings on this record from my first few spins and would have been happy to give it away to someone who was excited about the record.
10:22 AM on 08/12/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
People complain when no reviewer gives an album a negative review. But when a slightly negative review pops up, people complain that it doesn't deserve a rating so low. Lose lose situation.
Thank you. People in the Transit review complaining about a score too high, people in here complaining about a score too low. Scores are dumb as fuck as is.
02:08 PM on 08/13/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Glad to see someone in this thread hates my comment.
It's a requirement that at least one person hates every single thing that any staff member ever writes, ever. Even if it's a picture of kittens dancing the macarena or something.
09:36 PM on 08/13/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The album sounds great and holds together great... honestly the review sounds kinda pretentious. sounds kinda like something pitchfork would write. there seems to be a bit of a bias against contempt indie music.... Phoenix and vampire weekends new albums are impressive and hold plenty of merit. this review reminds me of reviews written about pop-punk by people who think the genre is dead.
Lol
09:37 PM on 08/13/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The album sounds great and holds together great... honestly the review sounds kinda pretentious. sounds kinda like something pitchfork would write. there seems to be a bit of a bias against contempt indie music.... Phoenix and vampire weekends new albums are impressive and hold plenty of merit. this review reminds me of reviews written about pop-punk by people who think the genre is dead.
More lol because I didn't read the last part of your comment and I think pop punk is about to be in a golden age.
03:06 PM on 08/14/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I've been complaining across AP for a staff review of Champ, but i think i would have preferred nothing at all to this mediocre score. the other comments echo my feeling that this is AOTY, and if not, a damn good album nonetheless.
As someone who followed their work from their Lesson In Crime EP (pre-late-night circuit) i feel like you don't give these guys credit. half the review was focused on the fact they've played letterman like twice. lol
that's not how these guys deserve to be introduced to music fans. i discovered them through the music video for Cheer It On! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hS8tbHnOrg) and was hooked on them since.
the fact that they played letterman doesn't mean you have to put them on a pedestal before you review their album...
Didn't do that at all. Just used that as an introduction. I was getting across the point that this band and other bands like them are celebrated for their singles, so many people don't notice that their albums as a whole aren't very strong. That's just how I feel. Of course, most of the people who post on this website are the kinds of people who actually do appreciate whole albums, so that stereotype doesn't ring true here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos