Username
Password
Something Corporate News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 109 of 109.
01:45 PM on 08/13/10
foryoublue
#buddysystem
User Info.
The show was very nice. I've never been to that venue before, so it was weird to see the set up of the place-lots of stairs and alcohol. I waited for someone to fall, but it never happened.
I was hoping that they would play "Forget December," since I saw it on a set list from another show-they didn't play it. I figured that this would most likely be my only chance to hear that song live.
My least favorite SoCo song has almost always been "Punk Rock Princess."
My only "complaint" is something along the lines of me mumbling about how I wished they had done songs that I haven't watched Jack's Mannequin play recently. Although, I love "Cavanaugh Park" with all of my little heart, so I revoked my bitchings.
12:15 PM on 09/02/10
cavanaughpark09
come on sweet catastrophe
User Info.
I love seeing all the people who bitch about them playing Jordan. Seriously, not one person in the entire venue wasn't going crazy and yelling along when they played it. It might not be everyone's favorite but it's pretty much the perfect way to end the night on a high note.
08:21 PM on 09/21/10
Gleebo
Annyong!
User Info.
Same here. I don't know if I've just overplayed it or if it's missing this certain element or what. It's just different to me.
Right there with you and everyone else who said it. I don't think it was overplayed for me because I only remember hearing it on the radio maybe 2 or 3 times and never once saw the video outside of finding it online.

It just did not do a good job as the single to introduce the band to the mainstream world with. Not that it is a terrible song, but it didn't do much to separate them from bands like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan who were rising to popularity around the same time. Lyrically it is not on par and or a good representation of what SoCo had and would have to offer.

I have no idea if releasing "iF yoU C Jordan" as the debut single was a choice by the band or the record label but I think a proper video shoot and push for "I Woke Up In A Car" instead would have propelled them a little higher than this song did.

But what do I know? All my favorite SoCo songs are the ones written by Partington and not McMahon.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums