phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
awesome
02:07 PM on 08/11/10
Kyle Garchar
You can quake at the thought of it
User Info.
Last year my neighbor in the dorms had a friend come and visit him, named Cole. The kid was from Findlay and was talking about his band. Naturally I shrugged it off, thinking this kid was just another scenie-weenie acting like his band is about to blow up. Then I see this.

Still shitty music, but touché to him.
02:11 PM on 08/11/10
70x7
shakin hips, bustin lips
User Info.
Maybe I'm just getting old, but what is it today with all these bands having dudes who do that to their ears or have throat or hand tattoos. Sure, it looks br00tal right now when you're 19 or 20, but what about when you are 30 and older. In about 30 years there are going to be a bunch of really bummed out guys and girls who have embarassing tattoos and holes in their body. Some girl having a huge chest piece isn't that sexy at the beach when she's beginning to sag. Lasering and surgery can only do so much. Talk about impacting your life during a fucking phase.
02:11 PM on 08/11/10
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
i actually dig this very much! Fukkin br00taaaal.
02:14 PM on 08/11/10
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe I'm just getting old, but what is it today with all these bands having dudes who do that to their ears or have throat or hand tattoos. Sure, it looks br00tal right now when you're 19 or 20, but what about when you are 30 and older. In about 30 years there are going to be a bunch of really bummed out guys and girls who have embarassing tattoos and holes in their body. Some girl having a huge chest piece isn't that sexy at the beach when she's beginning to sag. Lasering and surgery can only do so much. Talk about impacting your life during a fucking phase.
as if looking saggy looks good....
with or without the tattoos, it wouldnt look good either way ;). By the time ur 50 u wont be takin ur shirt off anyway haha. And if u do, nobody gives a fuck, cauz ull be old and wrinkly and ull probably be settled down. And yes, the ear lobes are gonna be pretty fucked up indeed, unless they keep repping them till death.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who are daring enough to commit so much to a subculture to the point where they scar up their entire body. Fukking sweet. I wouldnt do it, but awesome.
02:30 PM on 08/11/10
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Listen to Oceana Clean Head E.P
Agree. It's such an amazing E.P.
02:34 PM on 08/11/10
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
oh, yea... they used to be called Vessels. I remember that awful 'wife beater' title...
02:39 PM on 08/11/10
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
good stuff

great stuff

Gauge is a unit of measurement.

Would you say, "Hey dude! Check out my new inchers!" in regards to your shoes? Definitely not.
i agree with this wholeheartedly

Tides of Man is as generic as all of Rise's other bands.
this, however, i do not
02:44 PM on 08/11/10
martyshannon
User Info.
Whats with all the fuss about people calling plugs "gauges"?
02:46 PM on 08/11/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I was going to say this is a lot better than their signings as of late, but the singing parts are poorly done...
02:47 PM on 08/11/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
is it me or are 75% of bands on rise from Ohio and "metalcore" ? since like every band band they sign is from freaking ohio lol.

and this trend shit with i like i'm guilty for bands like this....the full length WILL be produced by Joey Sturgis i will bet $ on that
03:18 PM on 08/11/10
Of A Machines
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
broadway is already signed bro. rise said they were announcing a new band today, and I was confident it was at the skylines, guess not.
yeah but theyr on a shit label

and i rly thought it was them 2 haha
designerbandaid
User Info.
god i hate the vocals
Of A Machines
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dude I was just thinking that same thing exactly. Definitely curious where LMTF and ATS will end up

I feel like rise is really saturating themselves recently...
i know dude those are 2 perfect bands for it.. this band is okay but it sounds like a side project, nuthing more
03:19 PM on 08/11/10
Of A Machines
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yea, I definitely agree that all those bands would have been better than TPIY imo. I woulda been most happy with Broadway because I loved "kingdoms" and Im curious to see what they could do without being signed to that deadbeat label Uprising.
amen brother.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests