AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Boys Like Girls News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

We Are Interviewing Machines - Boys Like Girls

Posted by - 08:48 PM on 11/06/06
I will be interviewing Boys Like Girls this week. So, like usual, if you have any questions, please leave them in the replies. Let's make this a good one!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71
08:50 PM on 11/06/06
redsand62
Clown Baby
User Info.
first.
08:52 PM on 11/06/06
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.

you fucking newbs suck. nobody cares who's first. god dammit... contribute something productive for a change.
08:53 PM on 11/06/06
redsand62
Clown Baby
User Info.
third.

it's a joke, chill out ;)
08:54 PM on 11/06/06
shes.a.ghost
trust no bitch
User Info.
you fucking newbs suck. nobody cares who's first. god dammit... contribute something productive for a change.
the people that freak out a little too much about something so minor suck too...

ask them if it's true that Matt Squire wrote alot of the music on the new record.
08:55 PM on 11/06/06
imajerk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For not having much of a touring history, how do you feel the record is doing? Numbers seem consistent and decent for not having been on the road for a year. What tour did you enjoy the most? What band's would you like to see yourself tour with?
08:57 PM on 11/06/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aww i know its going to be a good interview, julia. ask them what it was like working with squire.
09:07 PM on 11/06/06
mortal soldier
User Info.
who wrote the vocal melody for the chorus of hero/heroine... and why is it so goddamned catchy?
Vanilla Bear
celebrate the irony
User Info.
Awesome, I really have gotten into their album recently...here's some questions i got...

How's it like touring w/ pop-punk idols All-American Rejects? What are some artists that inspire you? What do you say to people who think of you as just another pop-punk band?
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Throw them nice curveballs why don't you?

1. I understand that Red Ink is distributing the album; are you actually on Columbia, or an imprint?
2. How quickly did you get a label deal after becoming a band?
3. How much autotune was used on the record?
4. Have the lukewarm reviews of the CD hurt you guys at all? Did you have higher expectations and better press reaction in mind?
5. How do you guys plan to keep from boring people on the second album with swooping pop songs?
6. Why does "Holiday" feel like it doesn't really fit on the album?

Note: I don't dislike the band. But you might as well address the questions that people bitch about. Generic interviews are boring for the readers, the interviewer, and the band.

Note 2: The first question has been edited.
09:09 PM on 11/06/06
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Awesome, I really have gotten into their album recently...here's some questions i got...

How's it like touring w/ pop-punk idols All-American Rejects? What are some artists that inspire you? What do you say to people who think of you as just another pop-punk band?
Pop-punk? Not really.
09:11 PM on 11/06/06
WontPay4Music
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Number 12
09:17 PM on 11/06/06
Harold Wood
squeal scream yell
User Info.
the questions I want to ask are not appropriate for AP

you guys have a professional image to up keep here =)
09:18 PM on 11/06/06
etidnj13
User Info.
1. What's the deal with Columbia going under? Did that news affect your signing to Red Ink/Columbia?

As an employee of Sony BMG, I can tell you that Columbia is far from going under. Boys Like Girls have some of the most brilliant people in the industry working for them. Columbia is also in the process of signing some amazing bands, several of which are talked about on AP on a fairly consistent basis. Get excited.
09:20 PM on 11/06/06
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
As an employee of Sony BMG, I can tell you that Columbia is far from going under. Boys Like Girls have some of the most brilliant people in the industry working for them. Columbia is also in the process of signing some amazing bands, several of which are talked about on AP on a fairly consistent basis. Get excited.
Hmm. That was the rumor a while back, and then they dropped a few bands and cut staff. What happened, if you don't mind me asking? (PM me if you don't want it public.)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos