Password
Drop Dead Gorgeous News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 51.
01:29 PM on 08/25/10
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
SWS :)

Kellin didn't sound his best in the beginning, but it looked like it was because of the sound.
01:55 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
Worse Than A Fairy Tale was their best artistically. It sounded raspy, chaotic, out of key, which was exactly how those songs were supposed to feel with the story they were telling. The Hot N Heavy was a good post-hardcore album but when it came down to it, that's all it was - another post-hardcore album. In Vogue sounds like it was made by first graders.

To each his own I guess! I thought The Hot N Heavy was freaking brilliant, and WTAFT just came up short of everything it was trying to make.
01:58 PM on 08/25/10
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
To each his own I guess! I thought The Hot N Heavy was freaking brilliant, and WTAFT just came up short of everything it was trying to make.

Overall I'd say The Hot N Heavy was the best considering the genre they play in, I just thin WTAFT was a real piece of art and was greatly misunderstood by DD,G's fans as a talentless endeavor.
01:59 PM on 08/25/10
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Sleeping With Sirens are pretty solid live. Thanks for the videos.
02:04 PM on 08/25/10
applesandcyanid
Trollin' Absolutepunk.
User Info.
SWS are great live. Band needs to get more popular, one of the most underrated around! Saw them at Rocko's in the Winter and Kellin sounded spot on. Best part was, I'd never heard of them before and got to discover them via live show and not a fucking myspace or a thread on absolutepunk.
02:10 PM on 08/25/10
Echo Park
User Info.
I think you made me throw up a little! Even Drop Dead thought Worse than a Fairy Tale was pure crap, hahaha! THats why they only play like 1 song off it (which is the only okay song!)
they only play 1 song from that album because their fans are like you...
02:13 PM on 08/25/10
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
I would love to see DDG play In Vogue all the way through. Probably not their best, but it's my favorite. Some parts are just so bad, it's good.

edit: crowd in the video is shitty. Also, I've seen them three times live....this performance is definitely much better than those times. Danny also has a lame stage presence, in my opinion. Are the piano parts samples, or do they have a new keyboardist? It's been a year since I really listened to these guys.
02:24 PM on 08/25/10
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
sleeping with sirens, fuck ya.
02:38 PM on 08/25/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Sleeping with sirens are so good
02:58 PM on 08/25/10
jacobthewar
User Info.
to kind of clear up all the confusion for those wondering... we played all of In Vogue because our management told us we should play it, stating it would draw "lots and lots" of kids... obviously, untrue. now, none of us actually wanted to play that album, but this was a majority vote made by Artery. we would much rather play all of Hot n' Heavy, and maybe a few other select songs.
04:11 PM on 08/25/10
ZinisterZman
User Info.
to kind of clear up all the confusion for those wondering... we played all of In Vogue because our management told us we should play it, stating it would draw "lots and lots" of kids... obviously, untrue. now, none of us actually wanted to play that album, but this was a majority vote made by Artery. we would much rather play all of Hot n' Heavy, and maybe a few other select songs.

Ahhh now it all makes sense.
That's why you guys seemed so agitated at The Door in Dallas lol. I still liked the show, but HnH being your newest and possibly your strongest, I'd think Artery would have thought that one through a bit more..people would have went ape shit for the newer songs.
04:38 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
they only play 1 song from that album because their fans are like you...

hahaha, i hope that was sarcasm because I know the dudes personally and they even said its the only song they can somewhat stand from it! That album was a producers album, not ddg!!!

don't try and make me sound dumb bro!
05:42 PM on 08/25/10
D' Evils
User Info.
hahaha, i hope that was sarcasm because I know the dudes personally and they even said its the only song they can somewhat stand from it! That album was a producers album, not ddg!!!

don't try and make me sound dumb bro!
you do sound dumb, your a dumbass. a producer cant make them write the way they did and do all cleans like they did, they went in with a vibe similar to what came out. you dont know shit, the album was great.
05:47 PM on 08/25/10
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
SlutWhatTheFuck?

Atilla would be decent for what they are if not for the fucking lyrics:

YOU TOLD ME YOU CARED
but I don't care about you
are a slut-butt
so shut the fuck up
keep your mouth shut
SLUT WHAT THE FUCK!?
you are a slut- butt
so shut the fuck up
keep your mouth shut
break it down motherfucker!
i'm in every fucking city touching every fucking titty
sicker than terry schiavo, someone pull the fucking plug
its like a beta gamma infa-red, and all that shit that you can't see
better watch your fucking girlfriend, shes been talking to me
ha hahaha
breaking all the rules
ruining families
running from the law
the pigs are after me!
breaking all the rules
what does it matter to you?
mind your own fucking business and leave us kids alone
just another day in the life
trying to make ends meet, and trying to stay high
ambitions used in a life of crime
how can you blame us now?
the boys are in town and you can bet your bottom dollar
that tonight some shit is gonna be going down
put a leash on your girlfriend- she's already on her knees
someone help me decipher this puzzle, the pieces are wet with your blood
someone help me decipher this puzzle, the pieces are wet with your blood
lets put the pieces together, damaged we are from the fall
it like no matter what I say or do, my head is stuck on you
but the thought of you still makes me fucking sick
right down on her knees
Slut-butt?
06:44 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
you do sound dumb, your a dumbass. a producer cant make them write the way they did and do all cleans like they did, they went in with a vibe similar to what came out. you dont know shit, the album was great.

Wow your a real douchebag. I went to High School with Danny C, and still talk to him frequently and if you read anything that they have said about the cd, that was put lightly!!! They had one idea going into the recording, and the producer took one listen to their demos and said they had to change jut about everything!!! He hasseled them the entire time, and they took a lot of crap, but they were bound and had to go with what the producer said in order for them to put it out!!!

You need to grow up a little and learn a few things about the music business!!! A producer is the key part of anything in the entertainment business, and if you get a crappy or jerky producer (which they did and bailed on after completing the album) they will make your life hell, and you cannot do a thing about it because you are bound by law by contract!!! The producer handles the money, watches over the entire writing process, the mastering, and reports anything and everything to the labels!

So now do I sound dumb?!?! A producer can do whatever the heck they please man. Hence the reason they got 2 of the coolest dudes to produce the Hot N Heavy, Matt Goldman who is the chillest producer / mixer in the business, and Josh Scogin, and his name can speak for himself!!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests