Username
Password
Drop Dead Gorgeous News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51.
06:47 PM on 08/25/10
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
Wow your a real douchebag. I went to High School with Danny C, and still talk to him frequently and if you read anything that they have said about the cd, that was put lightly!!! They had one idea going into the recording, and the producer took one listen to their demos and said they had to change jut about everything!!! He hasseled them the entire time, and they took a lot of crap, but they were bound and had to go with what the producer said in order for them to put it out!!!

You need to grow up a little and learn a few things about the music business!!! A producer is the key part of anything in the entertainment business, and if you get a crappy or jerky producer (which they did and bailed on after completing the album) they will make your life hell, and you cannot do a thing about it because you are bound by law by contract!!! The producer handles the money, watches over the entire writing process, the mastering, and reports anything and everything to the labels!

So now do I sound dumb?!?! A producer can do whatever the heck they please man. Hence the reason they got 2 of the coolest dudes to produce the Hot N Heavy, Matt Goldman who is the chillest producer / mixer in the business, and Josh Scogin, and his name can speak for himself!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07:09 PM on 08/25/10
D' Evils
User Info.
Wow your a real douchebag. I went to High School with Danny C, and still talk to him frequently and if you read anything that they have said about the cd, that was put lightly!!! They had one idea going into the recording, and the producer took one listen to their demos and said they had to change jut about everything!!! He hasseled them the entire time, and they took a lot of crap, but they were bound and had to go with what the producer said in order for them to put it out!!!

You need to grow up a little and learn a few things about the music business!!! A producer is the key part of anything in the entertainment business, and if you get a crappy or jerky producer (which they did and bailed on after completing the album) they will make your life hell, and you cannot do a thing about it because you are bound by law by contract!!! The producer handles the money, watches over the entire writing process, the mastering, and reports anything and everything to the labels!

So now do I sound dumb?!?! A producer can do whatever the heck they please man. Hence the reason they got 2 of the coolest dudes to produce the Hot N Heavy, Matt Goldman who is the chillest producer / mixer in the business, and Josh Scogin, and his name can speak for himself!!!
So you went to Northglenne? if so you woulda went to school with more than half the band, tool. And true but the producer didnt have them change every aspect off the demos, that would make no sense! they wrote the album in that manner, and sure maybe he put his own feel to it but didnt change every aspect, they didnt just choose to not scream! And if they did allow the producer to do that then there jsut a bunch of fucking pussys that rather make money then write the music they want
07:10 PM on 08/25/10
xBLACKOUTx
I'm paid to make girls panic.
User Info.
Hot and Heavy was my favorite easily. but WTAFT is second, I just think In Vogue is disappointing because it's just a mess. that's just me.
07:52 PM on 08/25/10
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
Always enjoyed Drop Dead, Gorgeous. Love WTAFT the most, though. I'll check these out.

Ditto. I haven't heard the new one, though.
08:14 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
So you went to Northglenne? if so you woulda went to school with more than half the band, tool. And true but the producer didnt have them change every aspect off the demos, that would make no sense! they wrote the album in that manner, and sure maybe he put his own feel to it but didnt change every aspect, they didnt just choose to not scream! And if they did allow the producer to do that then there jsut a bunch of fucking pussys that rather make money then write the music they want

There is no winning with you man. I get it you like the album, I don't, as does the band. Yes, but the rest of the band graduated before us.

I really don't care to argue with you any more man. You have no clue how the music business works and we will leave it at that. I could go into so much detail about producers and recordings.... etc etc, but I won't because you will just read it with a brick wall in front of you.

Peace dude. Don't bother writing back.
08:19 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.

But regardless, mad props on your profile photo. One of my alltime favorite EPs that I rate higher than most albums! Glad they are almost finished with the writing process and are about to record with my man Matt Goldman!!!
09:32 PM on 08/25/10
Echo Park
User Info.
hahaha, i hope that was sarcasm because I know the dudes personally and they even said its the only song they can somewhat stand from it! That album was a producers album, not ddg!!!

don't try and make me sound dumb bro!
look bro, then i'm not a fan of dd,g because i'm a fan of that album the most, thus i'm more a fan of the producer.

The only song i didn't like was Saylor Lake, however till this day, the only song I can listen to on Hot n Heavy is Southern Lovin a song that I doubt you think is all that great. I'm not starting a fight DoOd, I'm just a big DD,G fan
09:35 PM on 08/25/10
Echo Park
User Info.
why does everyone say there isn't screaming in that album. Stills did a scream yell hybrid type of style which was amazing. Plus the choruses on that album beat anything they've ever done, hell it beats anything the genre has ever done.
10:08 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
look bro, then i'm not a fan of dd,g because i'm a fan of that album the most, thus i'm more a fan of the producer.

The only song i didn't like was Saylor Lake, however till this day, the only song I can listen to on Hot n Heavy is Southern Lovin a song that I doubt you think is all that great. I'm not starting a fight DoOd, I'm just a big DD,G fan

cool, there was no reason then to start this arguement with me!!! All I was saying is that I (and ddg) di not like the final product of wtaft, and u come up and say that they dont play those songs cause they have fans like me, that was just a jerky thing to say man!!! No hard feeings, but if you dont wanna argue, then don't say rude stuff!
10:13 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
Overall I'd say The Hot N Heavy was the best considering the genre they play in, I just thin WTAFT was a real piece of art and was greatly misunderstood by DD,G's fans as a talentless endeavor.

I see what you are saying, but art is seen in many different ways!!! Where you may think a certain art is brilliant (wtaft) i think is just ehhh!

My theory of art (in music) is As Cities Burn's "Come Now Sleep".
10:34 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
I will lose a lot of credit here, but I don't care because I feel bad lying on here. I didn't go to school with Danny and don'tknow for sure about what I said is true, but I do know that ddg have stated in many interviews I have read that wtaft was crafted ton by the producer, and i think jacob (forgot his username on here) can verify that.

So bring the crap and yelling on, I deserve it haha!!!

But what I said about producers in general IS true. I do know (honestly) many people in the studio and label business and if you find the wrong producer, they can ruin your album!

But sorry for lying!
11:35 PM on 08/25/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
SlutWhatTheFuck?

Atilla would be decent for what they are if not for the fucking lyrics:

YOU TOLD ME YOU CARED
but I don't care about you
are a slut-butt
so shut the fuck up
keep your mouth shut
SLUT WHAT THE FUCK!?
you are a slut- butt
so shut the fuck up
keep your mouth shut
break it down motherfucker!
i'm in every fucking city touching every fucking titty
sicker than terry schiavo, someone pull the fucking plug
its like a beta gamma infa-red, and all that shit that you can't see
better watch your fucking girlfriend, shes been talking to me
ha hahaha
breaking all the rules
ruining families
running from the law
the pigs are after me!
breaking all the rules
what does it matter to you?
mind your own fucking business and leave us kids alone
just another day in the life
trying to make ends meet, and trying to stay high
ambitions used in a life of crime
how can you blame us now?
the boys are in town and you can bet your bottom dollar
that tonight some shit is gonna be going down
put a leash on your girlfriend- she's already on her knees
someone help me decipher this puzzle, the pieces are wet with your blood
someone help me decipher this puzzle, the pieces are wet with your blood
lets put the pieces together, damaged we are from the fall
it like no matter what I say or do, my head is stuck on you
but the thought of you still makes me fucking sick
right down on her knees
they're a young band with a party theme
not trying to be brand new or the beatles
11:47 PM on 08/25/10
Echo Park
User Info.
cool, there was no reason then to start this arguement with me!!! All I was saying is that I (and ddg) di not like the final product of wtaft, and u come up and say that they dont play those songs cause they have fans like me, that was just a jerky thing to say man!!! No hard feeings, but if you dont wanna argue, then don't say rude stuff!
when albums don't do well bands make up an excuse, or for a reason that I can't understand, claim they don't like their work. Very rarely does an album do well in sales and the band claim they didn't like the album.
New Again sucked and Adam admits it's a bad album, Anberlin apologized for New Surrender, And Fred claimed that The Color Fred was rushed.
If fans loved the album i'm sure DD,G would be hailing the producer, it's just the way people are wired. I don't think bands put out music they didn't like. Do you think Adam didn't like the songs he wrote on New Again? It's after fans say "this shit is weak" does he change his tune.
The thing WTAFT had that their other albums didnt have was structure with a very poppy chorus. Give it another spin with an open mind.

Donner, Party of Five probably imo has the best chorus they've ever done, while 45223s guitar work hits so hard it beats my gf
11:56 PM on 08/25/10
Echo Park
User Info.
I see what you are saying, but art is seen in many different ways!!! Where you may think a certain art is brilliant (wtaft) i think is just ehhh!

My theory of art (in music) is As Cities Burn's "Come Now Sleep".
11:59 PM on 08/25/10
rushour144
User Info.
HAHA, I take it u dont like As Cities Burn?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests