Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Bomb The Music Industry! Detail Forthcoming Plans

Posted by: Brandon Allin (11/13/06)
You can read an in-depth update from Jeff Rosenstock, frontman for "digital pioneers" Bomb the Music Industry!, below, in which Jeff discusses the group's forthcoming tour schedule, a split release scheduled for the new year, his ongoing recording process, the formation of a new side project, the vinyl release of Goodbye Good World, the band's previously digital-only release, and much more.
Bomb the Music Industry! UpdateUgh, man. Flood and Asbestos Records keep bugging me about getting my artwork finished for Goodbye Cool World before I go to England. What a bunch of gold diggers. Ever since punknews.org declared Bomb the Music Industry! the pioneers of digital D.I.Y., everyone's been trying to grab a piece of the poor pie. In leiu of the ability to cash in on this wonderful and intentional marketing ploy (thanks to the 'org for the cross-promotion) Goodbye Cool World should be available on vinyl between the second and fourth months in 2007. Maybe even before then. Flood wants to draw lines of cocaine on the picture disc so it looks more like his bathroom.

And more vinyl. There's gonna be a split between O!!!!!PIO!!!!NEEEE!!!!RS and us avaiable some time in the first half of 2007. This will once again allow us to reclaim our status as 'orgcore legends. I think it's gonna be a 10", and Eric of the Pioneers has been writing tons of songs about silkscreening t-shirts for KMFDM and Fear Factory, so expect it to be some subject matter you can really relate to. The Bomb the Music Industry! side will be mainly Regina Spektor covers. I fucking shit you not. Once again, a portion of the profits will go to something you don't give no shit about.

Big northeast holiday tour. How does someone who lives in Georgia get to visit his family in New York for the holidays so he can get Guitar Hero 2? Just you wait and see...

The next album already. Jeez, right? I'm gonna jump the gun and set a release date right now for July 31st, 2007. That may seem far away, but look at how much stuff is happening in the next month! Jeez! Stop being a jerk. I've started recording some demos, which I'm not sure if I'm gonna put up yet because (drumroll) the next record will be recorded with a real band! OMG! It's tentatively called Get Warmer, it's 1/3 written and I like it so far. But you'll have to wait, 'cause the demos are like total trash and shit. The songs I've demoed so far are "Jobs Schmobs", "493 Ruth", "Bikerophone Test 1 2 3" and "25 Hour Goddamn Telethon." Maybe if I can get over myself (I mean, come on) some of those will be posted somewhere before Ska is Dead UK. But I better not hear any whinin' about how the demo was better than the real recording, or else no dessert for anyone.

No No New York. Ever think you're gonna do an EP and then realize all the songs suck?

Lenin/Mccarthy. Look out for this new band starring me, Rick Johnson (Mustard Plug/Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine) and this guy named John (North Lincoln). We're gonna try to bring back screamo.

As for current affairs - this past week has been good and bad. Rumsfeld is gone. The demmy-crats have control of the house and the senate, which is a less worse thing. On the other hand, Panic! at the Disco has released a box set including a blank journal, a carabet mask, some kind of ancient animation device, a period-themed newspaper and a certificate of authenticity. In other news, the next Bomb the Music Industry! is gonna be themed around Panic! at the Disco's period. And certified.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
04:32 PM on 11/13/06
romantic rights
User Info.
hahah.

i cant wait for the new album, and all of the btmi! vinyl.
04:37 PM on 11/13/06
Kiss Of Octopus
i'm a cunt!
User Info.
BTMI! with a full band???

and more vinyl???

best news in awhile.
04:37 PM on 11/13/06
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
BTMI! with a full band???

and more vinyl???

best news in awhile.
I concur.
04:44 PM on 11/13/06
shermanology
Dubnium
User Info.
Jeff Rosenstock is going to be the new Tomas Kalnoky.

That made sense in my head, I swear to god.
04:50 PM on 11/13/06
Robb
ism
User Info.
If Jeff was working with the original Flood, I'd be impressed.
06:33 PM on 11/13/06
Rxbandit22
1,2,3 skank
User Info.

Jeff Rosenstock > Tomas Kalnoky.
Always and forever.
07:03 PM on 11/13/06
Kiss Of Octopus
i'm a cunt!
User Info.
Jeff Rosenstock > Tomas Kalnoky.
Always and forever.
That's a strong argument. No matter who you pick to be better.
They're both so amazing on so many levels i don't think I could ever choose.
07:13 PM on 11/13/06
shermanology
Dubnium
User Info.
I think the two should start a super group. it would be epic.
04:29 AM on 11/14/06
ElRey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

But Jeff actually releases stuff.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums