AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

The Fair Weathered - 08.25.10

Interviewed by
The Fair Weathered - 08.25.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Fair Weathered (Tom - Guitar / Vocals, Evan - Bass / Guitar, David - Drums)
www.TheFairWeathered.com
www.Facebook.com/TheFairWeathered

1. How did you get your band name?
David: Evan (our bassist/guitarist) thought of it. I don't remember why...but the reason it stuck, for me anyway, is because of the line in the song "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" by The Beach Boys that goes "Where can I turn when my fair weather friends cop out." Pet Sounds is my favorite album and the fact that The Fair Weathered is kinda in there made me like the name!

2. How did this band get started?
Tom: We started as two separate bands, Frame by Frame and False Alarm, and eventually after David and I started talking more and more and talked to our band mates (Andrew for me at the time, and our other member Evan in David's case) and we just kinda made it happen. With the exception of a few rough patches, we're best friends and happier than ever with our decision!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Tom loves The Dangerous Summer, Fireworks and The Starting Line.
Evan loves Bad Religion and A Wilhelm Scream.
David loves The Beatles and Green Day.
That's pretty weak but we all love those bands, and tons more!

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Tom: Umm for David... The Beatles! And I'm pretty sure Evan would kill to tour with Bad Religion. And myself... I'll say The Early November or The Starting Line. All in all, we just want to tour haha.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
David: Dogs, they're cute and the greatest thing ever.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Tom: Well...honestly, because for where we are, I think we're a really good band. I think we just need more attention and once our EP is released, I don't see why we shouldn't have everybody at least peaking a listen.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
David: I guess our song "Heavy States." It was the first time I recorded with Tom, and therefore is the first true Fair Weathered song. I also think it's one of our best, but it wouldn't be trouble on expert. The only thing I'd wonder about is my hi hat part / snare / floor tom part.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Tom: If we won a Grammy, I'd thank Hayley Williams for sending that twit pic to David and all our parents for putting up with our obnoxiousness. And whoever the hell got us to the point of a Grammy.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
David: I would make people buy records again! Seriously! I miss the days when record stores were the center of the music scene, not mediafire. The time when a new Bruce Springsteen album meant an all night listening party, not listening to a terrible internet leak months early.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Tom: Well technically, we haven't toured. We're working on that. In our past groups we'd played shows with bigger bands like The Gaslight Anthem, House of Heroes, Polar Bear Club, The Story Changes, Seabird, Much The Same, Shirock, Driver Side Impact and A Wilhelm Scream. We're always looking for any shows to play.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Tom: This site has been my homepage for like 3+ years now and I've been a lurker for the whole time. I've found all of my favorite bands here and there's always some sort of funny shit that keeps me entertained. Way to have the best site in the biz, guys.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
David: That's probably one of our new songs called "Westland Avenue." I like playing any song though, I just enjoy drumming and seeing people enjoying themselves!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Tom: Evan loves Florida to the point that the rest of the band's opinion does not matter haha. Panama City, Florida.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
David: Stravinsky, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Who, Mahler, Yes, Green Day, Ben Folds, soooo much more..

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Tom: The ability to convince Apple to put "Heavy States" on all of their products.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
David: Of course not, but we're only 17. We would like to follow in the footsteps of bands like The Dangerous Summer, The Swellers, The Flatliners, and those types of bands where the members are all under 25 and living the dream, at least the touring dream!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Tom: Well, my initials spell my name. David wears the same basketball jersey to every show. Evan's from Georgia? haha.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
David: Christmas, and my Birthday.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
David: Listen to records, all day and all night. The Kinks, James Brown, Buddy Holly, Crosby Stills Nash, anything I get my hands on. Sometimes I drum too duh.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Tom: I try to make all of my talents as visible as possible because there aren't very many :( /sad.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
06:54 PM on 08/30/10
cue the sun x
User Info.
Well this is awesome
09:46 PM on 10/05/10
takeallofme
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree awesome!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News