YouGotScanned
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
okay.

i am friends with these guys.

but i am not biasing my opinion.

as a critic, and honestly...
i love the album.

there are some great standout tracks that sound nothing like anything else in the genre, like "Cowboys and Indians".
Also, they simply pull off the sing/scream thing better than 9/10's of the band out there.
About 90% of it is horrible and I wouldn't put 4LL in that 90%.

But seriously...
Anyone who is stuck on the Underoath comparisons really is stubborn and doesn't have much depth in their opinion.
As someone stated earlier, someone who is actually not an idiot...
Underoath's music is not only toned way heavier, especially on their newest record, but the vibe of their music is poetic, dark, and emotionally heavy...while Four Letter Lie's vibe and atmosphere is COMPLETELY different.
4LL's vibe is based off of pop choruses and rock riffs, and it's all about cheesy love lines, sex, and feel good things.

Sure the screaming vocals are very similar.
But the music itself is WAY different, aside from a few tracks "Baby, You're My Bad Habit", "Let Your Body Take Over" where the music similarities shine through, but thats only 2 tracks out of 12?????
The rock riffs are nothing like Underoath...they are based on big chords instead of heavy dissonance and more noodling.
And the choruses are 500000 times poppier than anything Underoath goes for.

Anyways...
Putting this all to rest.
I'm not going to go on about why I think the album is amazing, and I do.
But you dont need to know about that.
But what i do want to say is that...

I know for a fact,
these guys were so sick of the Underoath comparisons after their last 2 song demo before the full length, that they PURPOSELY DID NOT LISTEN TO THE NEW UNDEROATH FULL LENGTH until they were done writing the record so that they wouldn't get bullshit comparisons.

Yet you people are still set on the fact that they blatantly and purposely ripped off their new stuff.
I know its hard to believe...but the similarities are purely coincidental.
The guys were listening to more THE BLED, ACCEPTANCE, and REFUSED when they wrote "FULL TILT BOOGIE"...thats what inspired that song...not your bullshit "In Regards to Myself" comparisons.
Although thats a great song...4LL hadn't even heard it when they wrote "Full Tilt Boogie" so just put that fucking shit aside, seriously.

anyways go listen to the last two tracks on the record and tell me that sounds like Underoath anyways.
NOT EVEN CLOSE.

give it up.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT