Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 104.
12:10 AM on 11/19/06
fllrippedoffuo
User Info.
01:25 AM on 11/19/06
Faustyhouse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was given the new Victory sampler at the World Championship Tour, but I had the misfortune of listening to it on the way home. While Four Letter Lie is the best of the bunch, that's saying absolutely nothing. I'm a huge fan of so many different bands in the scene, and I will give credit when credit is due. But EVERY new band Victory is putting out is essentially a joke, and its sickening.
I can't sit here and say every band I listen to is revolutionary, but I wish they would try something even a little bit different. And if its not going to be different, at least make some effort to do it better! Make it mean something... basically if you want to play screamo, play it well, don't just go through the motions.
I just don't feel anything with this band, and they just don't deserve a good review IMO.

Haha, they are trying something different, and obviously if it sounds like something else its because thats the direction they want their sound to accomplish and the band or bands they sound like are the types of bands they look up to for direction, noob.
03:03 AM on 11/19/06
TgE ARTdamage
Where are you Yeezy?
User Info.
i'm glad pat gave this CD a fair review.

Brian is an awesome dude, and these guys gave a LOT to the minneapolis scene. I'm glad to see them doing well, and I enjoy the album.

thanks Pat, you're one of the reasons i like AP
05:59 AM on 11/19/06
skeeter988
We, The Vehicles
User Info.
Dude shuttup you list saves the day as one of your fav albums. Go dye your hair pink, this cd is beter than anything those douchebags have done.

i think you should shut up and define beter
08:10 AM on 11/19/06
DropDead, Prada
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree with most of the people on here. as a minnesota kid who went to lots of their shows in the past 2 years, i know that they have a brutal live show, and i know that when they play shows with much heavier bands, they still make it work and give the kids what they want, just because they sing and scream, doesnt mean you shouldnt give them a chance. just like the the review said: OPEN YOUR MINDS. I mean, im a fan of Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Catherine, and As i lay dying. but i still enjoy the music these guys produced, I mean, honestly, you have to take into consideration, they were signed to victory, just about every band on victory has been made into slightly softer bands of their former selves. But i guarentee you that most of them play all their heavier stuff at their live shows, because thats what they like, not their record label. So just because this band puts out a few softer feeling songs, doesnt mean that their heavier stuff isnt good, or that they are a horrible band, when infact, i know from seeing it, that they are one of the most hard working bands out there, and all they want to do is please their listeners who enjoy them. I completely agree with the review they received here.
09:33 AM on 11/19/06
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I mean, im a fan of Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Catherine, and As i lay dying. but i still enjoy the music these guys produced

Hold on.

What's the biggest size font I can type LOL in?
10:23 AM on 11/19/06
MPLScene
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ive been seeing 4LL for awhile now and theyve always been better than the other bands they played with and this album blew me away so props 4LL and im happy about such sick review
11:06 AM on 11/19/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
so i gave this a listen and didnt enjoy it very much. To each his own though, you did your job and got me to try. oh well.
Well, at least you tried, so thank you for that.
11:08 AM on 11/19/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
If you listened to this band before they were signed, you knew that they were amazing and did a grea job representing Minneapolis. What Victory did to this band was terrible. Making Kevin the head man instead of Brian and putting the spotlight on singing instead of screaming is just not the Four Letter Lie we all knew and loved. I would think most of the old fans are disapointed, as I am, but I wouldn't say all of the songs on the CD are bad, but mostly a disapointment. Make your own dicision on the CD, this is strictly my opinion.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about if you HONESTLY think Victory changes bands. I have heard over and over again how this is not true, at all.
02:13 PM on 11/19/06
loganmmm
Twelve Year Old, Preteen Mess.
User Info.
I thought this was one of better Victory Records releases of the year.
...But, I guess thats not saying much.
09:22 PM on 11/19/06
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
wow... one of the worst reviews i've ever read.... such a horrible album.. avoid at all costs

HAHA AGREED!
10:38 PM on 11/19/06
MarchofFlames
...and then came grace
User Info.
you guys are "incorrect".

the cd is in fact, "amazing".
11:08 AM on 11/20/06
HiJailbait.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you guys are "incorrect".

the cd is in fact, "amazing".

THANK YOU!
im sick of you whinney people ragging on them!
just shut up.
01:31 PM on 11/20/06
saving jonathan
everything in transit
User Info.
Interesting that you liked it so much. I've read a few terrible reviews of this album, including the ass-raping Alternative Press gave it. I tend to agree with your reviews though, so I will have to check this one out.

touch'e

this album got ripped apart in AP. but it was mainly due to the fact that they said the album was so unoriginal and you found the sound in a ton of different bands. basically copy-cats of style, but i guess if it's the kind of style you like, you might like this album.
04:21 PM on 11/20/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
THANK YOU!
im sick of you whinney people ragging on them!
just shut up.
I think he was being sarcastic.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT