Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 104
05:21 PM on 11/20/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
touch'e

this album got ripped apart in AP. but it was mainly due to the fact that they said the album was so unoriginal and you found the sound in a ton of different bands. basically copy-cats of style, but i guess if it's the kind of style you like, you might like this album.
I don't usually like this style, but I don't think they are a copy cat band.. all the way thru...
05:39 PM on 11/20/06
polock
yaaaankee! swap
User Info.
theres so much arguing over this album whether its shity or good, that idk if i should buy it or not, u bastards
05:42 PM on 11/20/06
polock
yaaaankee! swap
User Info.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about if you HONESTLY think Victory changes bands. I have heard over and over again how this is not true, at all.

i do think victory fucks alot of bands up though, thats just my opinion
06:14 PM on 11/20/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
i do think victory fucks alot of bands up though, thats just my opinion
Trust me, I have heard, LITERALLY, over and over again how Tony does not play artist control. It has been said that he will put out ANYTHING...
06:14 PM on 11/20/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Also, a lot of managers have a say in their bands music... a lot of the times it may be them saying that the music sucks and they want it re-done...
06:15 PM on 11/20/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
theres so much arguing over this album whether its shity or good, that idk if i should buy it or not, u bastards
It is good, trust me... it is swt d00de. Make the choice for yourself!
08:17 PM on 11/20/06
SoDakValerie
User Info.
I saw them once and I didn't so much like them. The second time I saw them though it was a lot better. I think it's one of those bands that have grown on me. As far as the CD goes, I think it's lacking but has a few good tracks. I've only listened to it once though, so I'll probably have to go back to it and listen a couple more times.
They have a great live show though. Very full of energy. Also, very friendly after shows. They stood around and talked to us and that always makes me respect a band a little bit more.
My suggestion: if you're kind of on the fence, listen to their stuff on purevolume. It gives a pretty good indication of it. I don't think the CD is as bad as their review in AP. But I'm not "scene" and labels don't really mean that much to me.
Every label has stuff I'm not happy with, but overall I really do enjoy what Victory puts out.
09:45 PM on 11/20/06
MarchofFlames
...and then came grace
User Info.
I think he was being sarcastic.

hah i was actually being for real.

im weird like that..

4LL is sweet.
09:59 AM on 11/22/06
Basscore
User Info.
to anyone who compares this album to a "cheap underoath rip-off":

You're an idiot.

4LL has their own sound. as the screaming may sound a little like underoath at times, are you going to assume that because of this 4LL wants to be a band they are not?? NO!!! every band has some aspect of their music that can be compared to that of another band. 4LL has worked so hard in minnesota and beyond to get to where they are now. they wouldnt throw all that work out the window to be a rip-off of a band they are not....and dont even sound like, musically!!!

The album is good. i do admit i like the 2 song ep a little more because of the sound. but the songs on "let your body take over" are amazing. If your dumb ignorant head cant see that. you really are an idiot.
go buy the album, support this hard working group of musicians and dont stop dancing.
01:44 PM on 11/22/06
jon_drummer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to anyone who compares this album to a "cheap underoath rip-off":

You're an idiot.

4LL has their own sound. as the screaming may sound a little like underoath at times, are you going to assume that because of this 4LL wants to be a band they are not?? NO!!! every band has some aspect of their music that can be compared to that of another band. 4LL has worked so hard in minnesota and beyond to get to where they are now. they wouldnt throw all that work out the window to be a rip-off of a band they are not....and dont even sound like, musically!!!

The album is good. i do admit i like the 2 song ep a little more because of the sound. but the songs on "let your body take over" are amazing. If your dumb ignorant head cant see that. you really are an idiot.
go buy the album, support this hard working group of musicians and dont stop dancing.

Your right every band has some infulence from another artist but Four letter lie has blatantly ripped off underaoths style...they use the same rythms but change like one offbeat to make it different. Its like they listened to underoath rythms and changed them just enough to call them their own.i hope these guys get dropped off their lable...fucking pathetic band.
01:29 AM on 11/23/06
minilace
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your right every band has some infulence from another artist but Four letter lie has blatantly ripped off underaoths style...they use the same rythms but change like one offbeat to make it different. Its like they listened to underoath rythms and changed them just enough to call them their own.i hope these guys get dropped off their lable...fucking pathetic band.

YOU are a moron. No band sits down, listens to a band, and goes okay this is how we are going to write the song and then change one offbeat.

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.
11:15 PM on 11/23/06
jon_drummer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
YOU are a moron. No band sits down, listens to a band, and goes okay this is how we are going to write the song and then change one offbeat.

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

Obviously no band would actually do that.....I just said that to emphasize how blantantly plagerised their music is. wow are you gulable.
02:01 PM on 11/25/06
polock
yaaaankee! swap
User Info.
u guys r both idiots
02:06 PM on 11/25/06
polock
yaaaankee! swap
User Info.
It is good, trust me... it is swt d00de. Make the choice for yourself!

u convinced me
04:39 PM on 11/27/06
bloodyr0mance87
User Info.
all i gotta say is that "ripping" off another band is not exaclty a bad thing. underoath are a great band (imo), and, if 4LL (whose CD i really enjoy) want to use elements of a great band, what's wrong with that? there are only so many bands making truly genre-altering and music-changing albums. everyone else is really just a slight variation of another band that has come before them. without Lifetime, Saves the Day would never exist. without New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy would not be. without the Get Up Kids, there would be no Motion City Soundtrack. i'm sure, if i really thought hard enough, i could make this list go on forever. music is all about sincerity. if a band is making music they enjoy, well then more power to them. these guys seem like they have put their all into this record, and i respect that. if people have a sincere love for this band, or any band for that matter, who is anyone else to shit on thier opinion? sincerity goes a long way. remember that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos