AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Divided by Friday Give Away EP for Free

Posted by - 10:08 AM on 08/30/10
Divided by Friday are giving away their self-titled 4-song EP for free over at Indie Vision Music. If you haven't had a chance to check out their impressively-done music video for "Disappoint: Surprise," you can check that in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:09 AM on 08/30/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
10:54 AM on 08/30/10
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great job... Nice video music, nice photography and a story to tell!!!
10:57 AM on 08/30/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Nice to see IVM referenced here.
11:00 AM on 08/30/10
randomacts
User Info.
Can't wait to download this ep when I get home. That video is amazing too!
11:03 AM on 08/30/10
ren
on display
User Info.
They look crazy young. Anyone know how they sound live?
11:15 AM on 08/30/10
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
Love Divided By Friday. I haven't personally seen them, but I know people that have and they say that their live show is really impressive for guys under 21.
11:48 AM on 08/30/10
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
They look crazy young. Anyone know how they sound live?
I've seen them twice, and both times they were good but not impressive. Nothing made them stand out from other bands in their genre.
01:06 PM on 08/30/10
ren
on display
User Info.
I've seen them twice, and both times they were good but not impressive. Nothing made them stand out from other bands in their genre.
Thanks. Is their age a distraction?
01:46 PM on 08/30/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Thanks. Is their age a distraction?
Out of curiosity, why would a band's age be a distraction? Unless you're like pre-pubescent kids with high-pitched and/or cracking voices or something.
02:03 PM on 08/30/10
ren
on display
User Info.
Out of curiosity, why would a band's age be a distraction? Unless you're like pre-pubescent kids with high-pitched and/or cracking voices or something.
Haha. I saw a band a few years ago and the kids looked young and it was all I could think about. Like, "Good hell... is that kid 12?" etc... my own shallowness shining through...
02:06 PM on 08/30/10
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Wow. Really nice video for an independent band. Not as catchy as I had hoped, which is what I look for in this genre.
04:29 PM on 08/30/10
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Great musicianship for such a young band. And great video.
05:06 PM on 08/30/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Haha. I saw a band a few years ago and the kids looked young and it was all I could think about. Like, "Good hell... is that kid 12?" etc... my own shallowness shining through...
Even with all the Disney kids bands, all I can think of when people talk about really young people in bands is that band Pryde that opened for someone huge and ridiculous like 10 years ago and the members were all like 12.

Although for any band these days, if you love what you do and you have talent, age is just a number. Just as long as you're smart enough to realize you don't know everything and not to let even limited success go to your head.

Wow. Really nice video for an independent band. Not as catchy as I had hoped, which is what I look for in this genre.
That's why I figured I'd include it in the post. It's been out for a little while now, but the video is really impressive. I actually considered reaching out to the guy to see what he'd charge to work with one of my bands.

You don't have to break the bank anymore to do music videos because for the most part, you're really doing them for online consumption. Unless you're signed to a significant label that has six figures to spend on it. So when you combine quality work and and unsigned band's budget, it's great to see.
05:22 PM on 08/30/10
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Even with all the Disney kids bands, all I can think of when people talk about really young people in bands is that band Pryde that opened for someone huge and ridiculous like 10 years ago and the members were all like 12.

Although for any band these days, if you love what you do and you have talent, age is just a number. Just as long as you're smart enough to realize you don't know everything and not to let even limited success go to your head.

That's why I figured I'd include it in the post. It's been out for a little while now, but the video is really impressive. I actually considered reaching out to the guy to see what he'd charge to work with one of my bands.

You don't have to break the bank anymore to do music videos because for the most part, you're really doing them for online consumption. Unless you're signed to a significant label that has six figures to spend on it. So when you combine quality work and and unsigned band's budget, it's great to see.
I mean, what the hell, alot of this wasn't special effects or expensive props. Lamps you coulda picked up at Goodwill, a car, ketchup... yet professional-looking.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos