AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 19 posts.
12:04 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Shouldn't have posted it so that he would fade away like a bad dream.
12:24 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I'm always down for some Hip Hop
Then your best bet is not listening to this song.
03:08 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Thank you for all the criticism and compliments. Even if you don't like the music I make I take the things being said good or bad and am striving to be better and continue to grow musicly. I know I can't please everyone, and honestly I make the music I make for ME period, If it does something for someone else then Im stoked about that. Music has always been about saying what you want, expressing yourself and this is the best way I know how. yeah I get it I have a high voice, sorry its just the way it is. If i could change it I wouldn't, Because there is nothing wrong with sounding unique. If Im known for the dude that sings like a girl.. so be it, at least you know of me enough to be interested in checking my new shit out. Even if it is to hate on it ha ha. Also yeah Im in the hardcore music scene, does not mean at all that some of us want to do something different, thats all Im trying to do. Put out a positive message and maybe make someone else feel like they know where I am coming from.

Regardless I thank you again, everyone you make this all go around
Kellin Quinn
You spelled musically wrong.

/hater
03:19 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
If you were striving to grow musically, maybe you would write music that's actually original and creative instead of rehashing the same generic scene bullshit that's been done a million and a half times before. You make the music you make because it works for Rise Records' promotion strategy, which is to market the same band a thousand times under a different name to the same stupid kids who will eat up that shit. You are a failure as a musician, and you're more in line with being an entertainer. Giving fans what they want 100% of the time is entertainment. Pushing boundaries, progressing, and making art is being a musician and you have failed to do any of those things. And it's laughable that you think you sound "unique". I understand you can't change the way your voice sounds, and I'm not dogging on it, but it's far from being "unique". Your band fits a specific mold that's been proven to sell records and shitty neon t-shirts and that's why you do what you do - end of story. You're not fooling anyone but yourself and maybe some preteens who have yet to discover what good music is. Haha and no you are NOT part of the "hardcore music scene", sorry bud. I just don't even know how to respond to that. You're not Wes Eisoid, Justin Pearson, or Johnny Whitney bro. There's 3 examples right there of people who have been in incredible, moving, diy hardcore bands and have gone on to make music far removed from their other bands and still manage to make it into something unique, against the grain, and special. Your band and project are so fucking cookie cutter it's hilarious. Music isn't about a "positive message" it's about the intention to create something new that hasn't been done a million fucking times, something that people don't understand... You're just a scene kid who never grew up and will continue to pump out the same shit until people stop giving a fuck about your band at which point, your band will break up after they can't pay the debt that they owe to Rise. Cool? Cool.
Ftw.
03:20 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
my personal favorite music that Kellin has done will always be Closer to Closure, this is what i think in my opinion has waaaaay more longevity than anything else because of its broad scope and songwriting

there are more on youtube if you get interested beyond that point
Come on Danny....
03:32 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
lets be honest... this or screamo music, and no disrespect to their band either... i just never got into that type of sound. i respect all musicians for doing their thang but for me, im waaaay more into something stripped down then something just blaring with breakdowns etc. i guess i got over that phase in my life and too many bands come off as one another now a days that even if a band comes out with an original sound, 5 others rip them instantly and book, it all instantly becomes generic. thats why bands like MUSE are as massive as they are, not many bands if any can even come close to what they are doing sonically... off topic hehe
Yeah and what I am saying is not only is Sleeping With Sirens atrocious save one catchy song, this dude, although has strong vocals, they grate on your ear drums. Some would consider this act, ear rape. And those vids you posted of this dude basically whining and then rapping over acoustic stripped down is a testament that he should not be making music ever. And to call this hip-hop is an embarrassment to the genre. And then for him to post a statement in here like he is an original artist that belongs to the "hardcore" scene is laughable and makes him more of a gimmicky joke.

But to your statement you are totally correct in all ways.

Your solo album now plz
04:01 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Dude you do NOT want your stuff to be posted here. AP is made up if mostly prejudiced assholes that think just because you're on Rise records and have a high pitched voice and make "generic" music that you are a horrible person. I can concur that the music made with SWS isn't really anything new but just because it's not new doesn't make it bad. Kellin has an excellent voice and is a he'll of a beatboxer. He's talented and all the people here are hating just because of their own prejudice. Some people need to grow up and figure out that just because you don't particular like or prefer a certain band/musician doesn't mean they are bad at what they do. And if you do read this Kellin just keep doing what you do.
You started off by addressing him and then started talking about him in the same post. You do realize that was him posting what you quoted correct? And also, why the fuck would someone not want their shit posted here? Press is press. Regardless of if it sucks dick (which this does) some people will still like it and he still gets exposure (which is unfortunate).
04:03 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
that was a terrible post dude.

I think its a great song. I dont get why people are bashing him so hard. From what ive seen hes a good kid with a great voice that is very versatile. Why not use your talents to pursue other genres? Why not put ur talents to good use and why not embrace someone trying to create? Should u really be putting someone down for trying to spread their music?

I say the more music out there the better (with the exception of a few artists who either dont create their own stuff or do it simply with the aim of being popular or making the big bucks).
You're listening to that guy.
04:06 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Yeah I know that he posted it. Just the odds of him reading it are small so I was more talking to the other people who would be reading this about that part. I wouldve felt like a stupid fanboy saying YOU have an awesome voice and YOU are talented. And true about the press but he's gonna get 100 times more shit here than he is praise.
Nothing wrong with being a fanboy. Dudes love to hear they have fans.

And imo the shit talking is deserved because this shit sucks.
04:07 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I'm sorry, but the majority of the bands I'm into are not "cookie cutter". I base my musical taste around artists that try new things, go into new territories and do what hasn't already been done. Bands like Isis, Botch, Radiohead, Daughters, Fear Before, Interpol, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Wolves in the Throne Room, 65daysofstatic, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Nine Inch Nails.....

These are not cookie cutter bands by any means, they're bands that are willing to upset their fans if they have to by trying new things and not repeating themselves. You're just making yourself look like an asshole when you probably haven't even listened to 50% of what I have listed on my page.
Ftw lol.
04:10 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it shit. Shit is the Brokencydes and BOTDF's of the world. This guy at least has talent and doesn't make disgraceful music.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it shit. lol.
04:20 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Nice to see the two of the biggest douchebags on this site doing their thing (I actually don't mind kidchino that much).
??
04:27 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Eh I was just saying that you and Dog Sized Bird were annoying douchebags that are quick to attack anything.
When given the proper ammunition why not?
04:38 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Because it get's old. I used to do this same kind of shit, but I grew out of it. It's fine to be joking and shit every now and again. People should just try to not care so much about what other people listen to or choose to make musically. It's about showing respect really. This mostly applies to Dog Sized Beard and blatant disrespect to what people choose to do with their life. I can tell you're mostly joking around tho :)
I fuck around with underlying seriousness. I really do think this stuff is shit. lol

Like right now: Hey galacticfates FUCK YOU.
09:18 PM on 08/31/10
HometownHero
User Info.
What you don't see, is that I like a vast amount of music, I don't just go around hating on everything. There's a lot more stuff that I absolutely love, than the stuff I can't stand. It just so happens that there are more threads on bands I don't like on this site than there are threads about bands I respect and appreciate, but there's enough of those to keep me here. Bad music just pisses me off, that's all it comes down to. I'm only expressing my opinion and venting about all the things I see wrong with music, and Sleeping With Sirens is a good example of just about everything I dislike about music. And it's not just them, there's a ton of bands like that - I just happened to see this thread.
You refuse to answer my quotes. But I must say again: FOR THE FUCKING WIN.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests