Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Let Me Tour

Posted by: Chris Fallon (09/03/10)
Let Me Run have announced a slew of upcoming tour dates, which include shows with Samiam and recent Absolute100 pick Spanish Gamble. Head to the replies to check out all the hubbub.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
04:00 AM on 09/03/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Press ReleaseLET ME RUN ANNOUNCE FALL TOUR PLANS
Including Dates with Samian, A Wilhelm Scream, Rust Belt Lights, Go Rydell and The Holy Mess

New Brunswick, NJ – Garden State rockers LET ME RUN have unveiled their first lengthy run of tour dates in support of the recently released Paper + Plastick EP, Broken Strings. Let Me Run recently played local shows with Small Brown Bike and Bridge + Tunnel prior to announcing the five-week trek that will bring the band across the eastern part of the country. Kicking off in Cleveland supporting labelmates A Wilhelm Scream on September 2nd, the run wraps with a hometown show on September 24th at The Court Tavern. Fans outside of the New York tri-state area will not only be hearing the Broken Strings songs live for the first time on this upcoming run, but they will also be introduced to the band’s newest member, guitarist/vocalist Rocky Catanese. A special hometown show at The Court Tavern with Samiam on October 15th is confirmed to follow this outing, as well as additional dates with labelmates Spanish Gamble to be announced shortly.

Recorded earlier this year at The Machine Shop, which is owned by Machine (Four Year Strong, The Bronx, Everytime I Die), with producer/engineer Will Putney at the helm, Broken Strings finds Let Me Run expanding on their punk-meets-Americana sound first heard on their debut, Meet Me At The Bottom (XOXO). Of the new EP, Alternative Press says it’s a “more streamlined, melodic punk-tinged sound. The Loved Ones do remain a hearty RIYL… if you take into account Let Me Run's penchant for slower and steadier motives and more sweeping buildups,” while Punknews claims “Broken Strings EP is a vast improvement… The band's ascent is best displayed in 'Brocomotive,' a track with a huge, anthemic chorus thanks to some catchy vocal melodies.” On Broken Strings, Let Me Run has crafted a strong, diverse EP that sounds like “Midwestern pop-punk with some raw production behind it ("Scared As Shit") or aggressive indie-alt-rock ("Thank You My Dear"),” says AbsolutePunk.

Formed in 2007 by three friends with an appreciation for Hot Water Music and Jawbreaker, Let Me Run quickly released a self-titled 7”, but exploded onto the scene with their debut Meet Me At The Bottom. Let Me Run have shared the stage with scene staples and fellow Jersey natives The Bouncing Souls and The Gaslight Anthem, as well as The Loved Ones, Crime In Stereo, and Look Mexico.

Let Me Run is Corey Perez (guitar/vocals), Louis Barbiere (bass/vocals), Trevor Reddell (drums), and Rocky Catanese (guitar/vocals).

Tour DatesLET ME RUN tour dates
* - with Rust Belt Lights
# - with Rust Belt Lights, Go Rydell!
^ - with Rust Belt Lights, The Holy Mess

Sep 1 - TBA
Sep 2- Cleveland, OH @ Now That's Class w/ A Wilhelm Scream
Sep 3- TBA
Sep 4 - Cambridge, MA @ Democracy Center w/ The Stereo State (Record Release show)
Sep 5 - TBA
Sep 6 - Wilkes Barre, PA @ Cafe Metropolis
Sep 7 - Buffalo, NY @ Funeral Home
Sep 8 - TBA
Sep 9 - Brooklyn, NY @ TBA
Sep 10 - TBA
Sep 11 - Chicago, IL @ Ronny's *
Sep 12 - TBA *
Sep 13 - Little Rock, AK @ TBA * Sep 14 - Nashville, TN @ Little Hamilton *
Sep 15 - Birmingham, AL @ Magic City Wholesale *
Sep 16 - Gainesville, FL @ Common Grounds # w/ Spanish Gamble
Sep 17 - Tampa, FL @ Transitions #
Sep 18 - Pembroke Pines, FL @ The Talent Farm #
Sep 19 - Orlando, FL @ Hoop's Tavern #
Sep 20 - Greenville, SC @ TBA *
Sep 21 - Durham, NC @ James Joyce Pub *
Sep 22 - Richmond, VA @ Exit 76 ^
Sep 23 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA ^
Sep 24 - New Brunswick, NJ @ The Court Tavern ^
Oct 15 - New Brunswick, NJ @ The Court Tavern w/ Samiam
05:28 AM on 09/03/10
TheVolume
www.athleticsmusic.bandca mp.com
User Info.
best of luck on the road boys.

their EP was one of the only releases this year that got me psyched for the future of music.
05:32 AM on 09/03/10
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
The show in Cambridge, MA has a pretty sweet line-up: Defeater and Hostage Calm are on the bill too! And the Stereo State are pretty awesome.
06:06 AM on 09/03/10
pennyflipnfe
User Info.
best dudes
07:35 AM on 09/03/10
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Awesome.
10:18 AM on 09/03/10
Oeightyfour
User Info.
Shows with Samiam? I see ONE show with them and it's not even on the string of tour dates, it's weeks after. Totally misleading news post. haha
12:30 PM on 09/03/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Shows with Samiam? I see ONE show with them and it's not even on the string of tour dates, it's weeks after. Totally misleading news post. haha
I go by the press release, pal. "Shows" is plural due to the fact I mention more than one band. Not really that misleading at all.
06:05 PM on 09/03/10
projectxadam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will for sure be at the Greenville show whereever it is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests