Username
Password
Drama News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 123.
04:55 PM on 11/19/06
TAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Eh. I didn't know the part about living with his mother. Hah. Still, promoting TAI and FOB when they were still a fetus must rank somewhere on the "success" spectrum.

I cant verrify that he does indeed live with his mother, so maybe i shouldnt have said that, BUT I have heard from several credible people that this is the case.

As for ranking on the success spectum, Anyone could have done that. All you had to do was come up with 500 dollars to rent out a VFW and book the bands......In my mind succes is something that comes with hard work and sorry, but booking at the level mark allen did just doesnt qualify in my book. And thats not to say local promoters cant be successful, im just saying that if you look at his track record, he never grew at all, now look at a local promoter like by a thread. They started out booking shows the same way as mark allen did, booking small mostly unknown local bands, but they have been successful and been able to book bigger shows at the venues they book at as well, bringing in bands like june. And while mark probably booked june to once upon a time, hes not succeeding at what he does because theres no growth. Half a decade or more later an hes still booking mostly unknown local bands.
04:57 PM on 11/19/06
justcallmeduder
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Knowing a thing or two about this guy, I wouldnt use the word successful to describe him. Hes a middle aged man who lives with his mother still and promotes small time shows. Having talked to him and hearing other bands "horror" stories of dealing with him, i can say hes got the maturity level of a middle school child and Really havent heard many people with anything good to say about the guy. I always got a creepy vibe from a middle aged man who associatied himself with teens.

AGREED
04:58 PM on 11/19/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Eh. I didn't know the part about living with his mother. Hah. Still, promoting TAI and FOB when they were still a fetus must rank somewhere on the "success" spectrum.
He is ONLY a promo dude. Haha, how does that warrant success? Not at all. There are MILLIONS of promoters out there, and he isn't one of the many that can be considered a "big" name. Because you think he is "successful" does not mean he wouldn't sexually assault someone. It is usually a mental problem and no matter the money or fame someone has will not stop them from doing something that their brain tells them to do...
04:59 PM on 11/19/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
I cant verrify that he does indeed live with his mother, so maybe i shouldnt have said that, BUT I have heard from several credible people that this is the case.

As for ranking on the success spectum, Anyone could have done that. All you had to do was come up with 500 dollars to rent out a VFW and book the bands......In my mind succes is something that comes with hard work and sorry, but booking at the level mark allen did just doesnt qualify in my book. And thats not to say local promoters cant be successful, im just saying that if you look at his track record, he never grew at all, now look at a local promoter like by a thread. They started out booking shows the same way as mark allen did, booking small mostly unknown local bands, but they have been successful and been able to book bigger shows at the venues they book at as well, bringing in bands like june. And while mark probably booked june to once upon a time, hes not succeeding at what he does because theres no growth. Half a decade or more later an hes still booking mostly unknown local bands.
By A Thread books some HUGE shows. That guy does bust his ass. Nice bro as well.
04:59 PM on 11/19/06
Scott Irvine
Your Virtual Pnin
User Info.
Because you think he is "successful" does not mean he wouldn't sexually assault someone.

I don't know where that plays into what I said.

EDIT: But I do see what you're saying otherwise.
05:01 PM on 11/19/06
Cottage Cheese
User Info.
Why in the world would someone successful like him want to throw it away like that by doing something disgusting and stupid like that... I mean, of course he was gunna get caught.

I just don't understand people's minds sometimes...

Mark Foley was in a high position in politics and that didn't deter him from trying to lure his teenage pages into his dungeon of delight. O.J. Simpson is a legendary football player and professional actor, that didn't deter him from cutting up his ex wife and ron goldman.
05:02 PM on 11/19/06
YourMusicSucks
True Punk Fan
User Info.
i bet he's a republican too

LMAO.
05:02 PM on 11/19/06
TAC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
By A Thread books some HUGE shows. That guy does bust his ass. Nice bro as well.

By a thread is definantly one of the best local promoters out there, they do book some amazing shows, I just wish I could figure booking out so I could copy their work and hope to have the same success.
05:05 PM on 11/19/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Mark Foley was in a high position in politics and that didn't deter him from trying to lure his teenage pages into his dungeon of delight. O.J. Simpson is a legendary football player and professional actor, that didn't deter him from cutting up his ex wife and ron goldman.
Thats basically is what I was trying to say, it doesn't matter your status in life...
05:11 PM on 11/19/06
AshesAshes
User Info.
Probally all those young fall out boy/academy is fans got to him
05:12 PM on 11/19/06
castaway
that boy's got woe
User Info.
hahahahahaha.

i heard about this a little while ago, but didn't think I'd see it on the front page. This guy is seriously a joke. He isn't "successful", lives with his mom, still runs a paper route, and now he allegedly is a pedophile. what an asset to the scene.

the singer in my band played one of this guys shows a couple years ago and mark came up to him trying to make small talk. out of no where he pours a cup of ice down my singers shirt and starts rubbing his back.

and yeah By A Thread is the shit. We just started working with them and they're been nothing but good to us.
05:16 PM on 11/19/06
drivethruaz
One badass bro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
gross shit
05:24 PM on 11/19/06
ethicka
User Info.
yeah, it's really funny...

has FOB said anything yet?
05:26 PM on 11/19/06
The Fix
User Info.
Yeah, dude's a scumball, but what is this kid doing meeting strange men off of myspace and getting in his car?

Not to blame the victim, but being 15 doesn't equate to being retarded.
05:30 PM on 11/19/06
Humres0083
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I cant wait until richard reines from dtr goes down for this, at that point ill celebrate by paying for a legit massage
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS