Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 31.
10:16 AM on 09/08/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
The fact that this band has 7 members amazes me. Why would a single band need that many? It's not like they're a ska band.
07:20 PM on 09/08/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Technically, this is Rise/Velocity's second band as Abandon All Ships was signed first.

/pointless input
Thank you. I've made the correction.
09:18 AM on 09/09/10
taborbrown
www.twitter.com/taborbrown
User Info.
A lot of people mistake Auto-Tune for Harmonizing...basically just recording yourself over yourself, and making a better sounding pitch...
12:14 PM on 09/11/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
These guys just sound like a more generic DGD with a synth. They aren't bad musicians though, and that dude can sing, hopefully they'll progress instead of doing another album with the same songs over and over.
12:31 PM on 09/13/10
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
A Skylit Drive should be in the RIYL
08:08 PM on 09/13/10
a nocturnal day
this ain't a game
User Info.
It's okay. Clean vocals are good in some parts, especially on the last track, but I can't stand clean vocalists that hide behind harmonizing. It sounds so cheap and lifeless.
02:02 PM on 09/14/10
john_YDG
Great Repitition
User Info.
i am actually really impressed by this album, i give it an 8.5/10
07:56 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
i love the china the drummer uses in this album. also the vocals are killer.
07:57 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
A lot of people mistake Auto-Tune for Harmonizing...basically just recording yourself over yourself, and making a better sounding pitch...
people are saying the same thing with the new miss may i album. that is one of the most natural sounding clean vocalists in the genre
09:02 AM on 09/29/10
taborbrown
www.twitter.com/taborbrown
User Info.
people are saying the same thing with the new miss may i album. that is one of the most natural sounding clean vocalists in the genre
eh, he has a decent voice. I still don't think clean singing belongs in metalcore though, then it just comes off as screamo, and that tends to lose people.
11:55 AM on 09/29/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
eh, he has a decent voice. I still don't think clean singing belongs in metalcore though, then it just comes off as screamo, and that tends to lose people.
i love when bands are heavy but its refreshing when theres a small amount of cleans. When it's too much cleans it ruins the song and the live show.
10:30 AM on 10/27/10
symbiote28
Be Human
User Info.
on the song our number[s], is jonny craig's part just a few words?

So cut me out, just knock me down, lifeless I may feel
I'm slowly finding out life is full of bitter things
I won't shed a tear even if it stings

Hit the road, my spirit and all my clothes
Who am I, who the hell knows
08:16 PM on 11/03/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
Woe, Is Me > Emarosa.
12:58 PM on 12/04/10
Iseetheocean
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Of course Number(s) isn't anything new. It is generic, but I enjoyed it mainly because of the electronics and vocals, they both carry the entire album.
WIM, will become massive but to deserve that praise they need to step it up on their sophomore.

07:47 PM on 04/20/11
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
66% is quite a low score for this album. I would have gone with more of an 85% or 88% solely on the fact that their is experimentation going on throughout the album. It also doesn't hurt that the production on the album is pretty good. I remember upon my first listen I was wondering why the first song was so long but noticed that the transitions were seamless. The auto tune part of this review is wrong, which has been stated on other comments posted. Don't mislabel re-verb and layering for auto tune. Especially if you see this band live you would notice that he can hit most, if not all, notes dead on. Although, for the most part the review is right on the fact of lasting value.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests