Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53.
12:37 PM on 09/07/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
it's definitely more of a scream than scott.

it's unfair, really. scott was the best in the biz and anything else will be subpar.
Yeah, comparatively to Scott it definitely is. Stand-alone though? Doesn't really come across like that to me.
01:15 PM on 09/07/10
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
I like the RIYL, but for whatever reason I've never listened to this band before. Knowing that "Wake..." Had a different vocalist, is this album a good place to start listening to this band?
01:17 PM on 09/07/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I really enjoy this album. Good review, Chris.
01:34 PM on 09/07/10
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
I need to give this some more listens, I had a hard time getting into it when I first heard it.
02:41 PM on 09/07/10
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
This album is awesome. If you like hardcore then this is the album to get this year.
Nottt really
03:06 PM on 09/07/10
Supernovacaine
givin'er
User Info.
pleasantly surprised by this album.. so so good
05:05 PM on 09/07/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
I was pleasantly surprised by this album. I'm not really a fan of Comeback Kid, I heard Wake the Dead probably 5 years ago and thought it was decent. My bandmate showed me this album though, and it sounded pretty awesome - especially the first track. I did think however that the album started to blend together a little too much in the second half. Not mindblowing but still pretty good.
05:40 PM on 09/07/10
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
absolutely not. wake the dead is what you should get.
everything you have posted in this thread I agree with. Like this album a lot, but it's no WTD and Scott Wade is a beast.
06:14 PM on 09/07/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Record is so solid. On a side note, is the newest cancer bats worth picking up?
10:05 PM on 09/07/10
matrocksteady
Web Editor, Alternative Press
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this record. So fucking much. I love CBK so fucking much too.

With that said: this record just isn't fast enough and it's screamed, not shouted. Directional change normally goes over well with me, but this really is their worst effort thus far. Maybe with more time it'll grow, but I don't think it'll top Broadcasting for me (I know, I'm one of those CBK fans who prefers it over Wake, I'm sorry). NEED FASTER MUSIC, CBK.
11:44 PM on 09/07/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Such a fucking disappointment. Hands down their worst album.
Curious as to why you think this.
03:48 AM on 09/08/10
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
No, Andrew took over once Scott quit. He has been touring and recording on vocals since 2006, I believe. He was playing guitar before that.

This album is their best since Wake The Dead, blows Broadcasting away.

And I disagree that Scott was that much better than Andrew. Scott was good, but Andrew is strong.
I still like Scott better, but the tracks I'm hearing are pretty good, too.
04:07 AM on 09/08/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
The vocals are fucking atrocious, there's only a few standout tracks, most of the songs blend together, and it fucking bored me and I couldn't get into it. It's like they took all the negative aspects of Broadcasting and made that into an album. Like others have stated if the vocals were better this would have been a much much better album
To each his own Sucks you aren't into it -- seems like there a dissonance between fans who cannot stand it and those who love the direction they're heading. S'all good.
12:47 PM on 09/08/10
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
The vocals are fucking atrocious, there's only a few standout tracks, most of the songs blend together, and it fucking bored me and I couldn't get into it. It's like they took all the negative aspects of Broadcasting and made that into an album. Like others have stated if the vocals were better this would have been a much much better album
You could not be more wrong.
02:14 PM on 09/08/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Didn't Broadcasting get the same response among fans?

Hopefully this grows on me but I'm not counting on it. Regardless they are a phenomenal live band and have fucking killed it all five times I've seen them
I felt like there was much more negativity surrounding Broadcasting. Wake the Dead was still too fresh on people's minds -- now there's a buffer between albums.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums