Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 99.
09:53 AM on 09/09/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
I plan on getting this. I love Hot Rod Circuit and TBS, so I thought I'd check them out. Not as good as their previous projects, but still catchy. I do think it's weird they have a song named after the album, even though it's also the band's name.
09:55 AM on 09/09/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
I like what I've heard on their myspace so far, so I'll probably end up picking this up.

Either way I'll be excited to see them on MAE's farewell tour.
Well I guess I'm definitely seeing that tour now. I was thinking about it, but now I know Terrible Things will be there. That cements my decision
10:23 AM on 09/09/10
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Why does such mediocrity always get at least an 80% on this site? Do you guys really like EVERYTHING?
YOU MAD?

What about "Can't Be True"? Is that song a b-side?
10:42 AM on 09/09/10
spitfire6647
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am not crazy about this album. Then again, I was never a big friend of Fred's vocals, and songwriting, and I am a huge Andy Jackson fan. There is simply not enough Andy on this album. Most of the songs are ok, but just ok. Nothing special, just more of your typical rock. It sounds like the Color Fred (which I thought was terrible-no pun intended) with a new name, and Andy.

Oh well
10:59 AM on 09/09/10
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
really digging this band. i caught them on warped and then again at one of the envy on the coast farewell shows. very talented musicians and great guys.
11:07 AM on 09/09/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Why does such mediocrity always get at least an 80% on this site? Do you guys really like EVERYTHING?
Ratings are hard because they're based off the average of several categories. So when you're going through giving vocals, musicianship, whatnot separate ratings, it's hard to get a picture of just how high or low the final score will come out. Personally, when I review, I could care less about how the rating comes out. It's all about the writing on this site, at least for now.
11:21 AM on 09/09/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Ratings are hard because they're based off the average of several categories. So when you're going through giving vocals, musicianship, whatnot separate ratings, it's hard to get a picture of just how high or low the final score will come out. Personally, when I review, I could care less about how the rating comes out. It's all about the writing on this site, at least for now.
Agree 100 percent. Thanks for saying that. So so true.
11:23 AM on 09/09/10
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
it's a pretty good listen. some tracks really stood out," Revolution", "Lullaby", "Conspiracy", and "The Arsonist's Wife". lyrics were the main downfall, on some songs they can get super cheesy
11:56 AM on 09/09/10
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
Well for starters dipshit, I like mostly roots rock. So I stepped out of my comfort zone and found myself liking this. I'm sorry you think it's so mediocre. Go suck a lemon.
In all honesty, I just look at reviewer's tilt before I read. That usually gives a good idea of what the review will be like.
12:10 PM on 09/09/10
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
Okay album, but goddamn some of Fred's vocals sound like shit on this.
12:14 PM on 09/09/10
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
Great album
12:36 PM on 09/09/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Either stop saying the same asinine comment in every review thread, stop reading or write your own critique. Most people fail to back up their comments, so I'd love to see you step into the ring and see how it all works.
12:37 PM on 09/09/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Either stop saying the same asinine comment in every review thread, stop reading or write your own critique. Most people fail to back up their comments, so I'd love to see you step into the ring and see how it all works.
Thank you for saying that. Seriously. I wanted to, but figured it wasn't worth it. So thanks.
12:39 PM on 09/09/10
sjb2k1
User Info.
album's decent. other things have cropped up in my listening queue that have pushed this to the wayside, though.

well-written review. although i'm pretty sure it should be "wunderkind" not "wunderkid"
12:39 PM on 09/09/10
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
another great review, greg. i just gave my own "review" of sorts/take on the band and album on my blog last week. i think it's awesome and i just hope it doesn't get overlooked.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums