AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Before They Were Stars: Mindy White

Posted by - 10:35 AM on 09/09/10
This week, our "Before They Were Stars" feature brings you into the past of current States and ex-Lydia vocalist Mindy White. Before lending her pipes to these two bands, she stumbled upon Garageband and made a few demos of her own. Head to the replies to hear "Distant Heart" and read the history behind it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
10:35 AM on 09/09/10
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
"So I think I did this song when I was 18. I didn't even pick up a guitar until I was 18, and soon after that, I discovered Garageband on my computer but had no clue how to use it. I'm one of those types who hates manuals and doesn't have that patience for someone to show me how to do something a lot of the times, haha. So basically this is one of the first demos I have ever done and, well, by the quality you could have guessed that without a doubt. So I'm supposed to explain what this song means but most musicians really don't want to reveal what their songs are about so I'm just going to make a story up. Just kidding. The lyrics are pretty obvious, but It's basically a love story about a guy and girl who are separated by distance. The girl is reminiscing of great times and how she will do anything that she has to, even build a boat to rescue him, to get him back. She's afraid he could fall into "dangerous waves" and she won't let that happen."

[button=http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/apmedia/distantHARTv.2.0.mp3]Mindy White - "Distant Heart"[/button]
10:39 AM on 09/09/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
she could make some moolah with a sound like this. it's cool.
10:50 AM on 09/09/10
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
I thought you had to be a star to get in one of these?
10:51 AM on 09/09/10
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I thought you had to be a star to get in one of these?
Oh look, one of those comments.
10:54 AM on 09/09/10
rickmo
Fear of growing older
User Info.
its almost corrine bailey rae. almost. i like it.
10:56 AM on 09/09/10
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
i'm sure she was hot back then too.
10:59 AM on 09/09/10
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Nice little song.
11:06 AM on 09/09/10
DustN727
I feel like lightning!
User Info.
i'm sure she was hot back then too.
I'm almost positive. Great song, too.
11:33 AM on 09/09/10
Wisher
eh
User Info.
I love her cover of We Are Birds too. She's talented, and kind of got put in Leighton's shadow. I love Lydia to death, but I'm glad she's in States now.
11:33 AM on 09/09/10
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
Cute.
11:51 AM on 09/09/10
beazer32
User Info.
pretty excited for a States album.
12:04 PM on 09/09/10
socratic07
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've enjoyed everything she's released, no exception here. For being a garageband demo, this doesn't sound bad at all. Best of luck to her.
12:06 PM on 09/09/10
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
I love her cover of We Are Birds too. She's talented, and kind of got put in Leighton's shadow. I love Lydia to death, but I'm glad she's in States now.
I always think its weird when people talk about Leightons shadow, I find her to be a way superior singer. But then again I'm not a huge Lydia fan so I probably just dont get it
12:32 PM on 09/09/10
Wisher
eh
User Info.
I always think its weird when people talk about Leightons shadow, I find her to be a way superior singer. But then again I'm not a huge Lydia fan so I probably just dont get it

Yeah Leighton's got a really unique voice I think, and a lot of people are either obsessed with Lydia, or don't care for them. I know Mindy didn't really have a lot to do with writing or anything either, so I think its really cool she's going to be in the spotlight now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos