Username
Password
Round-Up News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
10:12 AM on 11/23/06
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
I adore the dudes from Hence Reviere. Check 'em out.
11:46 AM on 11/23/06
Stewie81
User Info.
Not bad songs by most of the bands. But one thing that I have against Scenic Attraction. I'll bet they're really nice guys, but none of those songs are original. It's funny how at the height of their popularity, bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco are imitated right down to similar lyrical content, rhythm, and chord progressions. There's a point where a band has to be honest with themselves and really sit down to see if what they've written or "copied and pasted" is original. Those songs won't survive and the bands that write them will be quickly forgotten. There's influence...but then there's stealing.

For further listening: (after SA's suspiciously long titled "Turn Up the Heat Cause this Ain't No Action Movie)
1. "Sugar, we're going down..." by Fall Out Boy
2. "I write sins, not tragedies" by Panic at the Disco
3. "Magazines" by Brand New (to name a few...)

And it's not fair just to pick on Scenic Attraction's newest effort, but it was the first on the list. Many of the other bands are just as guilty. And I realize that this is a very opinionated comment, but I listen to so many styles and so much music, that it is easy to pick out a copy-cat, just like a seasoned movie critic can spot a plot flaw, storyline, or just successfully predict cinematic events. Keep trying guys!
12:59 PM on 11/23/06
flick@hrpes.net
User Info.
Make sure to check out Audiostrobelight. The highlights video is insane and their new songs especially Cut Off is great. The first solo towards the end is actually a 6 string electric violin designed by the Transiberian Orchestra violinist Mark Wood.
01:27 PM on 11/23/06
RonnieDay
User Info.
Quote:
They are looking for a guy and girl that lives in the San Fransisco...

I'm a horrible actor, but that would be fun to help Riverside Drive. They're a great group of guys-- met up with them in SoCal a while back and they kept us comfortable in great company.
03:22 PM on 11/23/06
keepintouch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
heyo melissaaa thanks lots. and thanks to everyone that checked out the new page! happy thanksgiving
03:41 PM on 11/23/06
palenewdawn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to this quote ............

"Not bad songs by most of the bands. But one thing that I have against Scenic Attraction. I'll bet they're really nice guys, but none of those songs are original. It's funny how at the height of their popularity, bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco are imitated right down to similar lyrical content, rhythm, and chord progressions. There's a point where a band has to be honest with themselves and really sit down to see if what they've written or "copied and pasted" is original. Those songs won't survive and the bands that write them will be quickly forgotten. There's influence...but then there's stealing. "

this is mike from scenic attraction. i respect this quote even though it is negative. we totally understand we are NOT ground breaking. and thats ok. its so hard to create a new style of music or a new sound now a days. i know i speak for most bands in the world when i say that. we really dont care who we impress or not. eventually a band will grow into their own sound. it takes a while. like incubus or the beatles. not comparing scenic attraction to those bands, but even the beatles had nothing original in the begining. then when sgnt. peppers came out it was insanly different! we just play music we love and we like. ya, sounds cliche, but its true. and hey if you say its like panic!, or fob, or even michael jackson then what ever. just as long as that song sticks in your head, we did our job. good music is good music. then you know its a good song. and as far as stealing. dude, we write what we write, we arnt trying to get big or steal music from anyone. we love what we do and we are thankful for those who enjoy it! and if you dont then thats cool too! people are different with different styles! i like everything from josh groban to the messhuggah! but its nice to know what people think! i just thought i share a little bit of what we are about........

sincerely, mike and scenic attraction <3
04:28 PM on 11/23/06
conquertheclock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i adore Keep In Touch
tommy is so incredibly nice.
he needs to be signed NOW
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News