Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34.
08:01 AM on 09/15/10
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
So damn disappointed in this album. Unlike most, I loved Our Love to Admire but this is the ultimate letdown record for me.
08:36 AM on 09/15/10
MattDennis
(Yeah)
User Info.
I like this review, simply for the Deerhunter mention.
09:05 AM on 09/15/10
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first half of the album is classic Interpol. The second half dips badly. However, there should be some sort of collaboration on the ratings here. Brandon Flowers a 96 and this a 56? I'm perplexed.
09:06 AM on 09/15/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
The first half of the album is classic Interpol. The second half dips badly. However, there should be some sort of collaboration on the ratings here. Brandon Flowers a 96 and this a 56? I'm perplexed.
a collaboration on two different reviews by two different people for two completely different musical outfits? How does that make sense?
09:16 AM on 09/15/10
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
a collaboration on two different reviews by two different people for two completely different musical outfits? How does that make sense?
How does it not make sense? I understand it's two different reviewers, but when the scores are all over the place it just looks wrong. AP's "Flamingo" score will probably be the highest of any publication by about 20%.
09:25 AM on 09/15/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
How does it not make sense? I understand it's two different reviewers, but when the scores are all over the place it just looks wrong. AP's "Flamingo" score will probably be the highest of any publication by about 20%.
so you would rather have every score be the exact same? And also, how are either of us supposed to censor our opinion so that there aren't negative and positive reviews posted on the same day? I didn't like this record. Ian liked that one. I don't see how there's any way, sort of losing any of the opinion that reviews are supposed to have, that we could fix this problem that so unnecessarily plagues you.
10:31 AM on 09/15/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I've always disliked Interpol mainly because of his voice, yet I loved his solo album (makes no sense). I might give this a spin just to see what I think.
11:14 AM on 09/15/10
NeonBlonde407
Id rather be drinking a Vernors!
User Info.
well this is sad, oh well
11:34 AM on 09/15/10
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.

What an awesome first response after reading the review.

Still downloading this. That's right, RIAA.

stick it to the man.

But honestly Blake, why aren't you writing for 30 Rock or something. You're one of the funniest writers I know.
05:58 PM on 09/15/10
ChrisBroken
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, I honestly think that its their best recorde to date. Turn on the Bright Lights aint got shit on it... apparetly Im the only one who thinks so... It inspired the shit out of me.
09:18 PM on 09/15/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
I cant believe reviews like this are allowed to be put on ap.net. And everyone wonders why people like pitchfork.
What's wrong with it? It's a solid review.
09:26 AM on 09/16/10
nineinchsin
Don't take it seriously
User Info.
What's wrong with it? It's a solid review.
Word. It's a very well written review, and even if you disagree with the rating or the opinions of the author, doesn't make it a bad review.
09:51 AM on 09/16/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
What an awesome first response after reading the review.

stick it to the man.

But honestly Blake, why aren't you writing for 30 Rock or something. You're one of the funniest writers I know.
they called but i don't have an answering machine
11:38 AM on 09/16/10
Jason Tate
User Info.
So do I. Takes some time to get into it.
05:38 PM on 09/16/10
CoheedForever
The Afterman
User Info.
This album is great!!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives