Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 79.
06:20 PM on 09/15/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
This reminded me of the Day & Age review, which is the single shittiest excuse for a review I've seen on this site. Even if the album had been as bad as it was made out to be (which it wasn't), it still wouldn't have warranted such a stupid, immature reaction. That review made me lose an immense amount of respect for the site that it took awhile to regain.
06:51 PM on 09/15/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Ian, fantastic review. Enjoyed the Killers' early work, and this review has just convinced me check this out.
07:20 PM on 09/15/10
whatthefruit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess i'll check it out now, since your review made it sound so good.
08:40 PM on 09/15/10
cereal4life
User Info.
Just curious but how does this get a 96 and Linkin Park a 41? That makes no sense whatsoever.
While there may be a massive discrepancy between the two, they're also reviewed by different people so the scores aren't that comparable.
11:40 PM on 09/15/10
deadspace
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Brandon finally address his hip-hop alter-ego. Ha.

http://bsides.myx.tv/interview-brand...-solo-venture/
01:44 AM on 09/16/10
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
I love this album. Can't stop listening to it.

*Edit - Seriously. I love this album. So much, that I came back hours later to say it again. I also get some Billy Joel vibes from it at times, which I LOVE.
02:14 AM on 09/16/10
expert_review
Yarms Basarab
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
liked the review. good album but def thought the score was pretty high, but hey everyones entitled to their own opinion. do work
11:11 PM on 09/16/10
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Album is ok. Sam's Town is one of your all-time favourite records? I like it too but for me it's a poor man's '59 Sound.
11:15 PM on 09/16/10
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
90 plus scores are meaningless when they're this frequently given out to mediocre albums, I love this site but it's beginning to lose all credibility when it comes to reviews.
07:17 AM on 09/17/10
Diviniuz
User Info.
90 plus scores are meaningless when they're this frequently given out so frequently to mediocre albums, I love this site but it's beginning to lose all credibility when it comes to reviews.
the fanboyism in the review was ridiculous
09:12 AM on 09/17/10
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
90 plus scores are meaningless when they're this frequently given out so frequently to mediocre albums, I love this site but it's beginning to lose all credibility when it comes to reviews.
that happened years ago
10:15 AM on 09/17/10
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
The scoring is usually the hardest part for me, and with this release I perhaps went a bit overboard in my first assessment. I let the fanboy part of my brain get the best of me and I apologize. After further scrutiny on my part, the score has been slightly adjusted. Now please, talk about the music instead of the score. It's an amazing record and easily my album of the year so far.
Ian, I owe you some sort of an apology. This record is really good...and I am certainly no The Killers fan, which makes this all that more exciting and surprising. I hear Bruce Springsteen all over this record.
08:45 PM on 09/17/10
fightinirish217
Your love will be / safe with me
User Info.
Can you all just read the fucking review rather than just complaining about the score? So what if you wouldn't score it that high? I probably wouldn't either (high 80's for me, I think), but he supported his opinion in his review, and he made it clear that The Killers were one of his favorite bands, so why wouldn't he love this? The same whining about the score happened with Butch Walker earlier this year, and I'm just tired of it plaguing the reviews of albums I love. I didn't complain when Brand New's Daisy got a 90, and that's honestly one of the absolute worst albums I've ever heard in my life.
LOL'd at the end regarding Daisy. People getting so worked up over this. Sure it might be really high score (I love the album) but ppl need to chilllll.
09:58 PM on 09/17/10
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
One thing that really annoys me about people on this site is that they focus too much on the score an album gets. If I had things my way, there would be no score, that way people could read a review and see if it's postive or not, because that's ultimately what matters.

Rant aside, you've convinced me to check out this album, so job well done.
Oh look, logic!
03:24 PM on 09/19/10
NogginDew
Fuck yeah, pop-punk!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll definitely have to pick it up.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates