Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 44.
07:39 AM on 09/15/10
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
Their singer killed it for me.. He also killed Further Seems Forever when he joined them too!
07:44 AM on 09/15/10
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
Haha that would be pretty rad. I wish they'd put out another album at least, Living Outside was fantastic.
Definitely. They should at least go into the studio for an album if nothing else.
07:45 AM on 09/15/10
Jonnyborg
User Info.
While I got into them well after their demise, (my first exposure being FSF's hide nothing) after finding them I quickly moved to collect their music. Sense field's a rare band.

The musicanship is stellar, bunch's vocals are often simply godlike, the lyrics, oh god, the lyrics.

To this day, many of their songs still get to me.

Quote:
there's no one
there's nothing colliding together
you're moving me some way
and you are the theme of the day
your words go deeper
and I thank you
07:49 AM on 09/15/10
codeine
Wolfgang S.
User Info.
Yup.

There is a bunch of rare stuff up on the blog if anyone is interested: http://bsidesrus.co.uk/
thanks dude!!!!
07:56 AM on 09/15/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
"Save Yourself" was immaculate. I remember being in awe of it's placement on Roswell, and how it worked on that show when it was played.
08:22 AM on 09/15/10
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
Reunion ... now ... they were awesome live ...
08:42 AM on 09/15/10
satanisanerd
User Info.
My first Sense Field album was "Building" that I bought when it released in 1996. Such an incredible band and true pioneers in their field. "Tonight and Forever" and "Living Outside" are two of the best rock albums produced in the early 00's. I followed this band closely and was truly thrilled when Jon Bunch took over vocals for Further Seems Forever. I know a lot of people give FSF flack for getting Jon but I always dug his vocals and I think "Hide Nothing" is a fine fine album. Anyway, I strongly urge alll of you to go and buy "Living Outside", "Tonight and Forever", and "Building". Also, does anyone know whatever happened to the shelved Sense Field album that was supposed to come out after "Building" and before "Tonight and Forever"?
09:11 AM on 09/15/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Great, great band. I love Tonight and Forever.
09:17 AM on 09/15/10
josh8282
I feel so L.M.N.O.P.
User Info.
My first Sense Field album was "Building" that I bought when it released in 1996. Such an incredible band and true pioneers in their field. "Tonight and Forever" and "Living Outside" are two of the best rock albums produced in the early 00's. I followed this band closely and was truly thrilled when Jon Bunch took over vocals for Further Seems Forever. I know a lot of people give FSF flack for getting Jon but I always dug his vocals and I think "Hide Nothing" is a fine fine album. Anyway, I strongly urge alll of you to go and buy "Living Outside", "Tonight and Forever", and "Building". Also, does anyone know whatever happened to the shelved Sense Field album that was supposed to come out after "Building" and before "Tonight and Forever"?
All the unreleased albums are up on the blog: http://bsidesrus.co.uk/
09:24 AM on 09/15/10
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Their singer killed it for me.. He also killed Further Seems Forever when he joined them too!
agreed
09:47 AM on 09/15/10
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
An awesome and too often forgotten band. Would definitely love to see a reunion.
10:20 AM on 09/15/10
WakingTheMisery
<3
User Info.
One of my favorite bands.
10:22 AM on 09/15/10
W/O a Parachute
User Info.
thanks to Kazaa i stumbled onto these guys when searching for Senses Fail's first album and completely fell in love with them... its been a really long time since i listened to anything from this band. good stuff
11:00 AM on 09/15/10
gold soundz
User Info.
Love this band. The "fields forever" tour with furthers guitarist and Jon was amazing. I went to the date at Maxwells and they played songs from all the further records, sense field, etc.

The "hide nothing" haters usually can never back up the argument of why they didn't like Jon other than him not being Chris or jason. Musically and lyrically it was furthers best material.
11:29 AM on 09/15/10
collideoscopic
User Info.
I'm so glad to see so much love for this band - stellar music, and even better people. It's too bad that despite all the dedication, the respect from peers, and the hard work that they never really made it. This was the band i was convinced back in the day was going to be a huge success and it never happened for them. Mostly bad timing i think. Bunch joked with me once that if you were in a band and wanted to blow up huge, just open for Sense Field and watch your star rise. (See Jimmy Eat World if you want proof of that)

I still consider "Killed For Less" along with "Diary" as my cornerstones of early 90s emo, and all of SF's records are still in regular rotation for me. From start to finish, their discography is fantastic, and even though i'm partial to their older material, I think their last two albums were great in a completely different way even if the band didn't feel the same way about them.

I'm continually saddened at how newer bands tend to mention other like-minded bands as influences but not Sense Field even though you can tell obviously they have been directly influenced by them. Glad to see in recent years bands such as Mae and Anberlin giving them props in interviews, etc.

Don't hold your breath on a reunion or another album any time soon - ain't gonna happen. But one can always hold out hope ...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS