Username
Password

07:14 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
Saw a commercial for this during The Event. Looked pretty interesting, has Matt Damon and Clint Eastwood is directing.

IMDB page
09:24 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Gotta love Matt Damon.

I'm also excited for The Adjustment Bureau (despite having to wait till 2011) and True Grit.

He's the Ace Enders of film...Always working.
09:29 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Christ, Matt Damon is becoming the new Samuel Jackson.
09:36 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
alantbs
[520]
Tucson, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
That movie looks f@#$ing intense...
10:29 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
Saw a commercial for this during The Event. Looked pretty interesting, has Matt Damon and Clint Eastwood is directing.

IMDB page

saw a commercial during house. how was the event, by the way? i think i'll just hulu it.

this movie looks like it'll be good. love damon. i haven't seen anything that involves clint eastwood, though. i should get on that...
10:32 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm also curious if The Event is worth watching.

I know nothing about it, and my winter tv schedule is pretty full already.

But I don't want to miss anything...
10:34 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm also curious if The Event is worth watching.

I know nothing about it, and my winter tv schedule is pretty full already.

But I don't want to miss anything...

tell me about it. too many shows, too little time. add in all the movies that'll be coming out, too. ugh. i hate school.
10:35 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
tell me about it. too many shows, too little time. add in all the movies that'll be coming out, too. ugh. i hate school.

That's what's great about film school.

Everything I watch I feel like I'm studying.
10:47 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
I know this got mixed reviews in it's preview screenings, but fuck bloggers, Eastwood can do no wrong.
10:49 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
I know this got mixed reviews in it's preview screenings, but fuck bloggers, Eastwood can do no wrong.

RT's got two fresh out of two...If that makes you feel any better.
10:52 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
RT's got two fresh out of two...If that makes you feel any better.

It'll fall off. People love to hate on movies just for the sake of hating and RT counts bloggers opinions like they matter, so everyone's shit gets fucked. If it's an "OScar hopeful" it'll probably draw mediocre RT scores.
10:55 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
It'll fall off. People love to hate on movies just for the sake of hating and RT counts bloggers opinions like they matter, so everyone's shit gets fucked. If it's an "OScar hopeful" it'll probably draw mediocre RT scores.

Especially with The American doing so bad.

The only reason I am relating them is all of the reviews I have read for both films say they're both really slow.

Personally I thought The American was one of the most intense movies of the year.

...Also I've noticed most Oscar hopeful's do pretty well on RT....Although I agree...Second those goddamn bloggers get in there...
11:00 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
Especially with The American doing so bad.

The only reason I am relating them is all of the reviews I have read for both films say they're both really slow.

Personally I thought The American was one of the most intense movies of the year.

...Also I've noticed most Oscar hopeful's do pretty well on RT....Although I agree...Second those goddamn bloggers get in there...

Well see that's the thing. RT (and the blogosphere) has an effect on what ends up being an Oscar/buzz movie in the end, but most things that are positioned as "Oscar movies" and hyped prior to release often get hated on just for the sake of hate. Charlie Wilson's War is a good example. Touted as a front-runner, everyone just hated on it, but it was a great movie that deserved at least a screenplay nom or something.
11:06 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Well see that's the thing. RT (and the blogosphere) has an effect on what ends up being an Oscar/buzz movie in the end, but most things that are positioned as "Oscar movies" and hyped prior to release often get hated on just for the sake of hate. Charlie Wilson's War is a good example. Touted as a front-runner, everyone just hated on it, but it was a great movie that deserved at least a screenplay nom or something.

That's true. I think it's also interesting all the hate that surrounds a movie after it wins best picture.

I mean, who had anything bad to say about the Hurt Locker June 2009?

Man I loved Charlie Wilson's War...I might have to watch that again...it's been awhile.
11:12 PM on 09/20/10 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
That's true. I think it's also interesting all the hate that surrounds a movie after it wins best picture.

I mean, who had anything bad to say about the Hurt Locker June 2009?

Man I loved Charlie Wilson's War...I might have to watch that again...it's been awhile.

Oh yeah. Winning best picture is immediately going to draw out haters, even if you deserved it. And poor movies like Shakespeare in Love and How Green Was My Valley will always be woefully underrated for being the wrong pick, no matter what their actual merits are. It's a bummer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos