AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:24 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
catherinexhimel
Liebe ist alles was wir brauchen.
So this is one of my favorite books of all time. And I just found out they are making it into a movie! I'm stoked. Logan Lerman is playing Charlie. I'm stoked because he looks exactly how I pictured Charlie when I was reading it. She's not listed, but I heard a rumor that Emma Watson is also in it. Stephen Chbosky wrote the screenplay and is directing it, so we know it's going to be true to the book. This is actually the first time I've heard of the author actually directing the movie. Can't wait!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1659337/
If they put Emma Watson in this, it's going to be incredible.
09:25 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
arson
New Haven
Male - 21 Years Old
I'll watch the film, but my expectations aren't that high
09:33 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
SayNothing
Bloomingdale
Male - 25 Years Old
Favorite book of all time. Ill end up seeing it, just hope it does the book justice
09:38 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
this could be okay. we'll see.
09:55 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Don't get why everyone loves this book.

the alienation the main character feels resonated a lot with me when i was 14 or 15.
11:00 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
xxxxxxxxxxxmatt
Tampa - Orlando
Male - 23 Years Old
Part of me doesn't want to see this, because this used to be my favorite book. It moved me. I'm afraid if I'm reunited with it, I'll realize what a fucktard I really was.
11:00 PM on 09/22/10 
User Info.
markhimself46
11:11
Boston, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I heard about this a while back, and was torn between excitement and pure dread. It is one of my favorite books just because of the characters, not the plot, so trying to see it being adapted on the screen has been very difficult.

This kid played Percy Jackson. I really wish they had cast an unknown for Charlie. I don't think people know this kid's name, but they'll recognize his face. Same with Emma Watson, though I have more credibility for her than I do for this Logan guy, probably because I'm such a Potter geek. But he's not at all who I pictured Charlie to be. If Emma is playing Sam, I can see her fitting well. But Charlie is supposed to be and look much younger than Sam and Patrick, or at least that's how I always picture him to be.

I will see this, but I know I will be disappointed. I know Chbosky wrote the screenplay, but that doesn't mean it's going to measure up to the book in any way.

I know exactly what you are saying. You're not worried about the plot, just more how the actors are going to handle their roles. That is my only fear as well. I hope Logan does a good job. I have faith in Emma Watson and I'm also curious to see how she acts outside of the Potter films. The only time I've seen Logan is in The Butterfly Effect and he was pretty young in it so it's hard to tell if he'll be good as Charlie. He's got quite a complex character to play, hopefully he delivers.
12:03 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
aaronsweatt
No Avatar Selected
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
excited for this
12:44 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
Seattle, WA
Male - 25 Years Old
Not interested at all. Wish it would've been left untouched, much like Catcher in the Rye. Enjoyed the book when I was 14, not so much anymore.
02:41 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
FigureItOut
Ignore that sinking feeling
Palm Bay, FL
Female - 22 Years Old
Heard about this a couple months ago. I think it has potential, considering that Chbosky himself is behind it and the cast is sounding pretty good so far.
Then again I love the book, and could easily see this not translating to film very well.
02:57 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
reissgoespunk
"Fuck Armageddon, this is Hell"
Essex, UK
Male
Too many cool guys hating in this thread. I, for one, am excited.
06:17 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
derekjd
Mr.DRM
No Avatar Selected
Ashland, VA
Male - 20 Years Old
I thought this book was brilliant. Not for it's writing style, though that wasn't bad, but because it was able to show me what happens. The main character reminded me so much of myself at the time it wasn't funny. Bad or not, I plan to go see this movie.
08:16 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
amii_G
H vs H
LAAANDAAAN
Female - 22 Years Old
I haven't read this. I think I missed the boat...
08:32 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
blackvanillasky
I wear nice Christmas sweaters.
Archbald
Male - 25 Years Old
Really enjoyed the book. And I can't help but think Emma Watson is adorable so that'd be awesome if she was in it.
09:41 AM on 09/23/10 
User Info.
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niņo
Milwaukee
Male - 22 Years Old
Everyone told me to read this book. I read it, and I didn't like it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos