Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 118.
01:30 PM on 09/24/10
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
i paused listening to the new conditions album to try to give this and listen, what a waste

Awesome album.
01:43 PM on 09/24/10
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Three words: Featuring Caleb Shomo
01:52 PM on 09/24/10
letsgoflyers
User Info.
i agree with all of the above comments. although most of the bands do sound alike, i really like this guys clean vocals. they have some neat sounding parts in their songs. id still say their cookie cutter, but theyre a step above some of the other bands i feel like. their cookie cutter is the one with all the neat shapes ha.
02:07 PM on 09/24/10
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
either way... lets say Rise signs bands everyone on this site likes (in fact they just signed two of those, though i have no idea when they will announce it.)

you'll just complain and ask WHY?!?!

Rise runs a respectable label, despite the quality of some of their bands. they have a great distribution, push most of their bands, and help get them on some pretty respectable tours.
02:15 PM on 09/24/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
If you sat all the rise bands in one room and had them listen to five random songs by themselves, they would not know who's was who's.
02:16 PM on 09/24/10
were_all_dicked
User Info.
Woe is Me really need to break away from this genre. Their singer is one of the best out there and they restrict themselves to making the same cookie cutter music as every other Rise band.

I agree. They are a band I can tolatate that focus more on musicianship. Hopefully big things come from them.
02:28 PM on 09/24/10
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
this was decided in the last post about this today..
they suck
02:32 PM on 09/24/10
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Originally Posted by Heroin Robot;
If you sat all the rise bands in one room and had them listen to five random songs by themselves, they would not know who's was who's.

Yes, because pmtoday, This Is Hell, Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, Piebald, In Fear & Faith, Tides Of Men, Mswhite, Miss May I and Oceana sound EXACTLY the same...
03:28 PM on 09/24/10
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Didn't know dr. drew had an ap account. ;)

Ahahahaha!
03:36 PM on 09/24/10
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
User Info.
My Ticket Home's old EP is actually pretty good. There new stuff is more like Attack Attack!, though.
03:37 PM on 09/24/10
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
He used to have a cool kid swoop. Someone in their band had to look tuff..
Damn, knew it was too good to be true
03:39 PM on 09/24/10
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
User Info.
Woe is Me really need to break away from this genre. Their singer is one of the best out there and they restrict themselves to making the same cookie cutter music as every other Rise band.
To be honest, I don't think I'd really be that into Woe, Is Me if they didn't have a heavy side to them.
03:44 PM on 09/24/10
s7eev
s7eev
User Info.
does anyone here a resemblance to before there was rosalyn? if they sound like anyone i think its them.
04:15 PM on 09/24/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
i agree with all of the above comments. although most of the bands do sound alike, i really like this guys clean vocals. they have some neat sounding parts in their songs. id still say their cookie cutter, but theyre a step above some of the other bands i feel like. their cookie cutter is the one with all the neat shapes ha.
I honestly can't tell their vocalist apart at all, they sound musically and vocally identical to attack attack, they just don't use synth.

either way... lets say Rise signs bands everyone on this site likes (in fact they just signed two of those, though i have no idea when they will announce it.)

you'll just complain and ask WHY?!?!

Rise runs a respectable label, despite the quality of some of their bands. they have a great distribution, push most of their bands, and help get them on some pretty respectable tours.
Why would we complain that they signed a good band? That's when we'll be happy that a good band is getting label support. No on here is saying Rise is a bad label, they do a great job promoting bands for the most part, it just gets old when they sign the same band over and over when there are other great bands they are passing up. Signing bands like these lowers the popular opinion of an otherwise fine label like Rise.

Yes, because pmtoday, This Is Hell, Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, Piebald, In Fear & Faith, Tides Of Men, Mswhite, Miss May I and Oceana sound EXACTLY the same...

American Me, Attack Attack, Miss May I, My Ticket Home, The Plot in You, Before Their Eyes, The Color Morale, The Devil Wears Prada, Ten After Two, For the Fallen Dreams, In Fear and Faith, Of Mice and Men, Legend, Scarlett O'hara, Woe is Me, Abandon All Ships, Sleeping With Sirens, Those Who Lie Beneath and Ms. White might be a little confused though. Especially more so with just instrumental songs. A lot of these bands sound similar in a way, some more so than others.
04:38 PM on 09/24/10
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
I've never even heard of this dude and I listen to some shit.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests