User Info.
Vocals aren't really good live

Really?...the dudes screaming.
02:02 PM on 09/24/10
JustinSxE
No longer straight-edge. Awkward.
User Info.
Vocals aren't really good live
I've seen them live three times, and Jake's killed it each time. I think there was something wrong with his voice or something when they filmed this.
02:05 PM on 09/24/10
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
to the baddies saying the vocals are not good, you get up on stage for 15 songs and see how well you fare.

and to the people saying the sound quality seems too good, this band pours insane amounts of money into their equipment. Their tech crew is also a legend in this time, and solid state makes a huge effort for live video.
03:08 PM on 09/24/10
TROKyle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and to the people saying the sound quality seems too good, this band pours insane amounts of money into their equipment. Their tech crew is also a legend in this time, and solid state makes a huge effort for live video.

Add that all ontop of the fact that they're really fucking good at their respective instruments.
03:37 PM on 09/24/10
xxero182
User Info.
to the baddies saying the vocals are not good, you get up on stage for 15 songs and see how well you fare.

man, say that shit all you want. 'you try getting up on stage/touring/blah blah every night, lets see how good you are etcc..' it's their JOB. if the guy can't play a full show with out his voice shitting out (im not only talking about ABR, any band), maybe HE is doing something wrong. maybe HE should practice more, or do whatever it takes to make his voice not sound like shit. it will pretty much always be the band's fault/lack of preparation if they don't sound good live.

it's simple. if you can't handle a big set, then don't play one. if you want to play a big set, practice it a shit load so you know you can do it well.

that being said, i think the instruments are pretty flawless.
03:55 PM on 09/24/10
JustinSxE
No longer straight-edge. Awkward.
User Info.
man, say that shit all you want. 'you try getting up on stage/touring/blah blah every night, lets see how good you are etcc..' it's their JOB. if the guy can't play a full show with out his voice shitting out (im not only talking about ABR, any band), maybe HE is doing something wrong. maybe HE should practice more, or do whatever it takes to make his voice not sound like shit. it will pretty much always be the band's fault/lack of preparation if they don't sound good live.

it's simple. if you can't handle a big set, then don't play one. if you want to play a big set, practice it a shit load so you know you can do it well.

that being said, i think the instruments are pretty flawless.

Here's another clip of ABR in Tokyo. Jake's voice sounds much better here, which proves that he wasn't feeling good when they did the DVD shoot.

EDIT: I forgot the link. fail.

03:59 PM on 09/24/10
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I thought Jake's voice sounded great! It really gave the performance a live feel, because the rest of the guys are all so good I feel like I may as well be listening to the CD hahah.
04:10 PM on 09/24/10
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
so good.
06:26 PM on 09/24/10
styg4me
User Info.
They are absolutely one of the most solid bands I have ever seen live. Every aspect of their performance was solid. Great video.
06:46 PM on 09/24/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
This band is so good live.
07:36 PM on 09/24/10
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
I want this DVD badly.
10:58 PM on 09/24/10
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the problem is, yea, he's usually better live. although, i will say, when you see him live, you aren't hearing a crystal clear soundboard recording thats been cleaned up a billion times for dvd production, so we're not at all hearing what he actually sounds like live. this may be exactly how he sounds. screaming will often have that effect- its often better when its not cleaned up and when it fades in more to the rest of the sound.

if this band really wanted to put out a perfect dvd, they'd have a drummer cam, because he is far and away the best part of this band and plays more stiff than any other metal drummer i've seen, which is crazy considering how many fills he's essentially doing with his arms and not his wrists. i'd pay to just watch 1 cam of him the entire time
11:42 AM on 09/25/10
ImInTheCrapper
> beatles
User Info.
great metal band
12:45 PM on 09/25/10
xkj1985x
PLEASE DON'T GET SWEPT!
User Info.
He sounds like crap on this entire CD which sucks because every single time I've seen them, they've been incredible.

Here is a video I shot when they played in Seattle a few years ago...sounds way better here to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abtORS5FEoU
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests