Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Self Promotion Spotlight: Lie Captive

Posted by: Blake Solomon (09/25/10)
For today's Self Promotion Spotlight, we bring you a hearty punk band from Plattsburgh, NY named Lie Captive. If you're looking for some new headbanging music to pump you up before you hit the town (is that still a phrase?), give these dudes a spin. Want a chance to be featured on the front page? Sign up for an account, then head over to our Self Promotion forum and post away. For more info on Lie Captive, head to the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5.
03:01 PM on 09/25/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

www.myspace.com/liecaptivemusic
www.purevolume.com/liecaptive

First off, forget anything I say and go HERE to download the band's 3-song demo from Death to False Hope Records. Not surprisingly, their tunes will do way more good than my words. But if you're that lazy - which means you've probably already stopped reading - I would say their RIYL falls somewhere along the lines of Polar Bear Club and A Wilhelm Scream. Their vocalist has a nice throaty roar that you can actually understand, and when they go all gang vocal-y on a song like "Face Turns Blue," one can't help but jump and flail like a maniac. Sounds pretty good? Well they sound even better. And with a free download, you don't have to feel any guilt for trying a new band. Whoop Whoop! - Now that's gotta still be a phrase.
03:26 PM on 09/25/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Good choice, this band rules.
07:32 AM on 09/26/10
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Lot of potentials, thanks for the discover.
09:59 PM on 09/26/10
Eldriario22
User Info.
Cool dudes, cool tunes, from my home town, drove their old band on a weekend tour once goood times
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS