Username
Password
Fearless Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 82.
07:27 PM on 09/28/10
silent_platypus
Elected Asskicker
User Info.
Listen to the fucking intro before you judge. Minus the screaming during the last 15 seconds, it's pretty hard to say it sucks ass. I have friends who can't stand any scene related shit, but he even finds the intro to be sick. I have never heard someone say it sucks.
Really? ...the intro to the album is the core of your argument... really? Ok then, so be it.
07:29 PM on 09/28/10
Chrisj182
User Info.
I really dislike this cover, along with the rest i've heard of this album. Must be the first Punk Goes album where I prefer the original artists like Jay Sean, Akon, MIA, B.O.B and Jason Derulo, all who have much more talent than any of the bands on this record.
07:35 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Do you have fully functioning ears? Clearly you don't, if you find anything of merit from this album.

Let me guess, you also think Attack Attack and Miss May I are also "baller"
hold up. bash all you want on attack attack and asking alexandria but not on miss may i. they're a great metalcore band and they have no scene synth
07:39 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
It got old before I was done with the first listen... and admittedly I generally like some of this stuff just for the fun side, but idk this band... whatever. You're right though, scene kids still eating it up.

Also it's annoying how they like try to be controversial. The singer (Dan? Danny? something) is always all like, "Oh, I party and I'm a addicted to sex and alcohol and get shit drunk all the time," and makes a whole stupid spectacle of it. And then they're always calling people whores and cunts onstage and curse excessively just because. Then going on yelling about STDs and having a required minimum amount of bras to be onstage before you start your next song... when most of your fanbase is underage... all filed under "Trying Way Too Hard."
this
have you seen their shirt the shirt they have that says asking alexandria and behind that is all the dirtiest curse words in the world. just another example of them trying to hard and trying to get the big dudes in the pit on their side
07:40 PM on 09/28/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
It got old before I was done with the first listen... and admittedly I generally like some of this stuff just for the fun side, but idk this band... whatever. You're right though, scene kids still eating it up.

Also it's annoying how they like try to be controversial. The singer (Dan? Danny? something) is always all like, "Oh, I party and I'm a addicted to sex and alcohol and get shit drunk all the time," and makes a whole stupid spectacle of it. And then they're always calling people whores and cunts onstage and curse excessively just because. Then going on yelling about STDs and having a required minimum amount of bras to be onstage before you start your next song... when most of your fanbase is underage... all filed under "Trying Way Too Hard."
Didn't know they were disgusting people on stage as well, only saw them once when no one cared about them and didn't notice anything like that.
07:44 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
Listen to the fucking intro before you judge. Minus the screaming during the last 15 seconds, it's pretty hard to say it sucks ass. I have friends who can't stand any scene related shit, but he even finds the intro to be sick. I have never heard someone say it sucks.
Before you assume, read my other posts. The album is on my iTunes, I've given the album 2 full spins. I think the lyrics and the music are complete garbage.

And, if this band continues to shit out music that I've heard over and over, "haters gonna hate."

Also, you're ONLY praising the intro. Really? And you've never heard anyone say it sucks, but have you asked anyone other than your friends who like the genre?
07:46 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
hold up. bash all you want on attack attack and asking alexandria but not on miss may i. they're a great metalcore band and they have no scene synth
I hate on Miss May I because their new album sounds like Attack Attack without the synth but with better vocals. I really liked the band's first record, but the new one was a complete letdown.
07:47 PM on 09/28/10
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
User Info.
Do you have fully functioning ears? Clearly you don't, if you find anything of merit from this album.

Let me guess, you also think Attack Attack and Miss May I are also "baller"
I thought their swing cover was alright. That being said, they're not baller.
08:00 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
I hate on Miss May I because their new album sounds like Attack Attack without the synth but with better vocals. I really liked the band's first record, but the new one was a complete letdown.
I am a big fan of apoligies and I am a big fan of monument. Personally, nothing Attack Attack! does comes close to Miss May I. You could say that the new heavy AA! sounds exactly like For the Fallen Dreams instead
08:01 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
I am a big fan of apoligies and I am a big fan of monument. Personally, nothing Attack Attack! does comes close to Miss May I. You could say that the new heavy AA! sounds exactly like For the Fallen Dreams instead
I think a lot of the breakdowns in Monument sound extremely similar to the breakdowns in AA's new record.

I do enjoy quite a few of the songs though.

Yeah, AA definitely ripped off FTFD.
08:01 PM on 09/28/10
ZinisterZman
User Info.

Yeaaa that's one thing i've never been in agreement with. Honestly it's just an attempt to be edgy, but I truly believe everything to them is jokingly tasteful, whether it is or not. They sound like that in their interviews too, yet kids and other bands usually talk about what chill dudes they are. Still: when parents and their 11 year old daughter come to a show and they see that shit, it's not just a fun electro-metal show anymore. There's nothing inspirational about a banner behind the set that reads "cunt, tosser, fuck, twat, bitch" in blood red. They could tone it down.. I mean I thought it was kind of funny, but not in terms of respect for new fans and already dedicated ones that eat that shit up..

"AHAHA FUCKKK YEA!!!"
08:04 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
I think a lot of the breakdowns in Monument sound extremely similar to the breakdowns in AA's new record.

I do enjoy quite a few of the songs though.

Yeah, AA definitely ripped off FTFD.
That's what you are gonna hear when you keep going back to the same producer for every rise band. You just gotta learn to deal with it.
08:05 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
That's what you are gonna hear when you keep going back to the same producer for every rise band. You just gotta learn to deal with it.
I know. I really wish these bands would branch out and not rely on Sturgis for everything. I mean, I like how he gives these bands a really clean sound, but they really do sound extremely similar.
08:11 PM on 09/28/10
johnnyferris
User Info.
I know. I really wish these bands would branch out and not rely on Sturgis for everything. I mean, I like how he gives these bands a really clean sound, but they really do sound extremely similar.
The sad thing is I think the bands are afraid to try a different producer. Although I think TDWP does extremely well with Joey I think Miss May I and We Came as Romans would be way better without him.
08:13 PM on 09/28/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
The sad thing is I think the bands are afraid to try a different producer. Although I think TDWP does extremely well with Joey I think Miss May I and We Came as Romans would be way better without him.
I wish We Came As Romans would try something drastically different. The guy who screams has such a definitive scream, and the music is solid for the most part, but the guy who sings is awful. Auto-tune can't take the whine out.

The Zombie EP doesn't sound like the usual Sturgis production, it's a breath of fresh air.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests