AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
01:14 AM on 10/01/10
stevie85
User Info.
Live Fat Die Young is my favourite...hands down! Strung Out - Novocaine, Good Riddance - Always, Wizo - R.A.F. (that song is insane!), Mad Caddies - Shut The Door, Lagwagon - Alisons Disease and No Use For A Name - Let Me Down, Snuff - Who's Askin'?....so many tunes!
01:36 AM on 10/01/10
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Old Man Markley are excellent. So glad they got signed to a label like Fat. I really think they have the potential to break out of the punk scene.
02:23 AM on 10/01/10
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Harder, Better, Fatter, Stronger.
03:24 AM on 10/01/10
PopPunksNOTD3aD
User Info.
I found Sage Francis and Atmosphere on Punk-o-Rama and at that point, I had never found any bands I liked from the "punk" scene, and I quote it because it's so vast, that opened my mind to other types of music like they did. Comps rule. A lot of my favorite bands came from them.
05:28 AM on 10/01/10
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Bigwig and Ten Foot Pole might be permanently done (from what I know), but I do know Chixdiggit are recording with plans for release early next year.

Fat and fearless (before the neon) had the best comps. Mike, if you are reading this, release new records from bigwig, ten foot pole and chixdiggit!

That and I don't think Big Wig and Ten Foot Pole were ever on Fat. Haha. However -- I'm pretty sure Big Wig have a new album in the works. If nothing else, I heard tell of a b-sides record to come in the near-future.

And yes. Chixdiggit are in-studio. The very thought makes my panties mois--uh I mean um, gives me a raging boner?
06:34 AM on 10/01/10
prettykitty_aya
User Info.
this rules. the days of discovering bands via comps were great.
YES.
08:09 AM on 10/01/10
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I bought Short Music for Short People back in the day. What a crazy album.
08:41 AM on 10/01/10
BFH Drums
User Info.
Ten Foot Pole was my fuckin JAM back in high school. All of the Floyd comps from fat wreck were legit too.
08:42 AM on 10/01/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Disappointed at the exclusion of an unreleased/vinyl-only Me First and the Gimme Gimmes track. That's what made Fat comps awesome for me. This one is seriously meh.
09:17 AM on 10/01/10
Riki
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New none more black nuff said!!
01:20 PM on 10/01/10
f2f_rules
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I miss Ten foot pole...... I don't think they're done yet, their singer is just really busy doing sound for Prince (I think?). I wrote an email to him a couple mounths ago and he said that tfp might do another album at some point. Bigwig was supposed to tour Canada with Pennywise last mounth but they cancelled at the last minute.... Yes the're qriting a new album right now!
02:27 PM on 10/01/10
duffe
_________________________ _____
User Info.
I bought Short Music for Short People back in the day. What a crazy album.
best Fat comp, hands down.
04:36 PM on 10/01/10
gold soundz
User Info.
Bigwig and Ten Foot Pole might be permanently done (from what I know), but I do know Chixdiggit are recording with plans for release early next year.
Siked for chxdiggit. I heard the new bigwig record last night, it's amazing. Very fast. Tom said they just need a label to release it. As far as tfp, I know dennis has been doing live sound for prince, but they did do some one off shows overseas a year or two ago, so who knows!
04:38 PM on 10/01/10
gold soundz
User Info.
Ten Foot Pole was my fuckin JAM back in high school. All of the Floyd comps from fat wreck were legit too.

"the thing that ate floyd" comp on lookout will probably go down as the best comp of all time for me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos