Username
Password
The Rocket Summer News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 22 of 22.
04:29 PM on 10/05/10
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
he's an incredible musician who puts all of his heart into his live shows. if you can dig his music recorded, even just a little, i suggest you go see the tour. and if you haven't listened to his music, check out the songs Walls, Brat Pack, Do You Feel?, Hills and Valleys, and Never Knew. and also, this live video of the song he usually ends his sets with (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqeKzEiLEY). the energy you can feel during it is amazing.

/i'm obviously a very big fan of trs so this was a really biased answer.
Coming from another huge TRS fan, I have to somewhat disagree with your song choice for a new listener. I'd go more with Cross My Heart, TV Family, Around The Clock, Goodbye Waves and Driveways, You Gotta Believe and of course pretty much anything from Do You Feel. I almost despise Brat Pack haha.

Edit: oh but I HIGHLY agree the end is the best, most intense moment. I literally look forward to it each show. You get chills.
04:30 PM on 10/05/10
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
And how the hell has Chain not sold out yet? It holds like 200 people. I mean, I'm glad cause I got a ticket but still. Weird.
04:53 PM on 10/05/10
teh_erica
do you feel.
User Info.
I cannot wait for this. I'm so excited for next Tuesday!
05:24 PM on 10/05/10
tomakebelieve
honesty waits here forever.
User Info.
Coming from another huge TRS fan, I have to somewhat disagree with your song choice for a new listener. I'd go more with Cross My Heart, TV Family, Around The Clock, Goodbye Waves and Driveways, You Gotta Believe and of course pretty much anything from Do You Feel. I almost despise Brat Pack haha.

Edit: oh but I HIGHLY agree the end is the best, most intense moment. I literally look forward to it each show. You get chills.
I just choose my favorite songs at the moment, though, I do agree, they are probably not the best first songs to choose for someone! Well, actually, I stand behind my suggestion of Walls. That song has not left my ears since I first heard it, pretty much.

The chills I get during that part as so amazing and intense! For some reason at Warped this summer, it gave me so many chills that I got a little misty eyed. So intense. So wonderful.
09:18 AM on 10/06/10
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
I just choose my favorite songs at the moment, though, I do agree, they are probably not the best first songs to choose for someone! Well, actually, I stand behind my suggestion of Walls. That song has not left my ears since I first heard it, pretty much.

The chills I get during that part as so amazing and intense! For some reason at Warped this summer, it gave me so many chills that I got a little misty eyed. So intense. So wonderful.

It's okay, it's hard to not get misty eyed during it :)
10:27 AM on 10/06/10
DruC4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

if i was trying to get someone into TRS, personally I would probably not play anything from calender days (maybe cross my heart or this is me, but doubtful), and very few from hello, good friend. I guess it depends on what style of music that person normally listens to really.. but I'd probably split a cd-r (yeah, a mix cd, thats how i do, haha) up between Do You Feel, and Of Men and Angels, maybe 1-2 tracks of Hello, Good Friend, maybe 1 from Calender Days.

I think it solely depends on if they listen to more indie music normally, then go for his earlier stuff, or if they listen to more pop/rock type stuff, go for his most recent.

I'd recommend This is me, treasures, show me everything you got, do you feel, all i have, high life scenery, a song is not a business plan, colors, so, in this hour, something to live for, walls, pull myself together, i need a break, hey, lights.

that's just me. . i feel, once they like the newer stuff, it's easier for them to accept some of his older stuff that seems a lot more indie/stripped down and has all his "ba ba ba"s from calender days, and "yelling" from hello, good friend.
10:30 AM on 10/06/10
DruC4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
a) lucky you getting to go to two shows. b) i`ve also always wished he would do this. c) i had/have to go download itunes/signup for an account also. i thought i was the only one haha
yeah, i got lucky that he's doing 2 shows within an hour and a half drive of me. . woot woot.
and nope, you're not the only person that has avoided itunes until they absolutely had to because of the fantastical byrce avary. . haha.. though i'm sure other places than itunes will have it, but that's besides the point. =]
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS