AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (10/09/10)

Posted by - 10:51 PM on 10/09/10
This week's Games Round-Up can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
10:51 PM on 10/09/10
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together.

Games Round-Up Last week's roundup went over pretty well, let's try for two in a row!

XBOX

Gears of War 3 has been delayed until Fall of 2011, because Microsoft doesn't feel they have a marquee title for next Fall. Yup, that's it, the game will be finished on time, but Microsoft is holding it back. To make up for it, they will be holding an open multiplayer beta in April of next year. Awesome?

Do you love cute fuzzy aminals? Then you'll love the limited edition version of Kinectimals which depending on the retailer you buy it from will come with an exclusive Kinectimal and the corresponding plush version of it. Finally, you'll have someone to sleep with after gaming all night.

SONY

Are you enjoying Sports Champions, but wish it was more......spooky? Well $4.99 gets you some grim reapers, skeletons, and...and you know what, really? Really Sony? Halloween themed sports DLC? Alright, I guess.

Killzone 3 is getting a multiplayer beta, but how you get in is a little convoluted. First you have to become a Playstation Plus subscriber, then on October 19th you have to be one of the first 5,000 people(in North America) to download a free Killzone 3 XMB theme, then on October 25th check your email for the code to download the beta. That was easy, right?

DC Universe Online has been pushed to next year, because it's afraid of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I mean, it needs to be polished or whatever. Either way, to make up for it they are making the beta open to all pre-orderers. Information can be found here.

NINTENDO

While you sleep tonight Nintendo will probably make like a billion dollars.

EVERYTHING ELSE

Revolutionary online game streaming service OnLive has decided to dump it's monthly fee. Although it never charged it, it had planned to charge $14.95 a month ON TOP of charging for "play passes" to play games. Now everyone is free to sign up, for free. In other OnLive news, the micro console which will be used to stream games to TVs and monitors will be sold according to sonority. The earlier you signed up the earlier you can get a micro console.

Naughty Bear is getting it's first round of paid DLC. Entitled "Chapter 9" the DLC will add a couple of new bosses, new weapons, and I would assume a new place to murder bears. The DLC will run you the equivalent of $4.99.

Depending on where you pre-ordered Dead Rising 2, you got a "costume pack" of some sort. Well now those costume packs are going to be available as DLC. So make sure you save up your virtual currencies because one pack is coming out every week for the next four weeks starting the 12th. I mean, you wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing the wrong costume right?

Are you excited for Duke Nukem Forever? Well, if you buy the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands you will get early access to the Duke Nukem Forever demo. You do want early access, don't you?

Captain America is getting a video game just in time for next year's Captain America film. Spoilers: it's called Captain America: Super Soldier and it's going to suck.

Speaking of comic book super heroes the X-Men got a double dose of video game news this week. First it was announced that Silicon Knights and Activision are teaming on a Mass Effectesque X-Men role playing game called X-Men: Destiny. If you love trailers that feature no footage from a game, you can check out the trailer here. In slightly more promising news, the classic 6 player X-Men arcade game is coming to Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. When? Soon. Sorry.

Finally this week Panasonic announced a new handheld gaming system called The Jungle. It's aimed at MMO players, but it runs Linux, because Linux is the preferred operating system of MMOs. Right? Not much else is really known about it, but I'm sure you'll be able to get one at an outlet mall near you soon enough.

PSAs

On October 26th you can pick up Grand Theft Auto: IV Complete Edition for $39.99. It includes GTA IV, and both expansions.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be out December 7th.

If you buy God of War: Ghost of Sparta right away, you'll get a code to play as Kratos' brother. He gets 4x the orbs that Kratos normally gets. Must be why he's so angry.

Shank and DeathSpank are coming to Steam on the 26th. DeathSpank will be playable on both Mac and PC.

RELEASES

Super Scribblenauts (DS)
Uncharted 2 GOTY (Playstation 3)
Borderlands GOTY (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, OnLive)
Medal of Honor (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Edition (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Dragon's Lair Trilogy (Wii)
Just Dance 2 (Wii)

----------------
Contributor: be mine

Well that will do it for this week. You should listen to my podcast. It's really funny this week. Really. You shouldn't just take my word for it, you should subscribe to it on iTunes.

Are you on the Twitters? You can follow me here, and follow my website here. Oh yeah, my website. It's called Four Player Co-Op, if you read it, you wouldn't need to read this! Oh, I guess that's kind of a double edged sword isn't it. Well, whatever I don't care how you learn about things on the Internet, as long as I write it.
11:30 PM on 10/09/10
AlmightyTallest
This website kind of sucks now.
User Info.
"Spoilers: it's called Captain America: Super Soldier and it's going to suck."

It's funny because it's true.
11:35 PM on 10/09/10
bNz719
Know more.
User Info.
Final Alan Wake DLC next week.
11:39 PM on 10/09/10
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
gears beta sounds pretty good
11:44 PM on 10/09/10
WinterInMyBones
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quote:
NINTENDO

While you sleep tonight Nintendo will probably make like a billion dollars.
Haha, great tidbit there.
11:46 PM on 10/09/10
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, I think next week I might start adding DLC to the releases section.
11:51 PM on 10/09/10
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
X-Men arcade game for the Xbox Arcade?
That's awesome
too bad it's not awesome enough to make me turn on my 360 again
12:05 AM on 10/10/10
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Love the round up. A Mass Effect Style X Men Game sounds intriguing. If it's as good as X Men Legends sign me up.

Also: Uncharted 2 GOTY edition is coming up. If you own a PS3 and haven't played it yet, you are cheating yourself by not.
12:27 AM on 10/10/10
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.

Stoked on this. This will be my first game purchase since Battlefield:Bad Company 2
06:50 AM on 10/10/10
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.

Stoked on this. This will be my first game purchase since Battlefield:Bad Company 2
THIS. Last game I bought was also BF:BC2
08:27 AM on 10/10/10
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
User Info.
Naughty Bear is a fun game.
12:04 PM on 10/10/10
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
dude, seriously? you couldnt fin one bit of nintendo news this week? you're making this Round-up a complete joke. And I'm going to rail against you until the old guy comes ack
01:10 PM on 10/10/10
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dude, seriously? you couldnt fin one bit of nintendo news this week? you're making this Round-up a complete joke. And I'm going to rail against you until the old guy comes ack
What Nintendo news would you have liked me to report on?
01:14 PM on 10/10/10
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
What Nintendo news would you have liked me to report on?

Anything. There's gotta be one bit of news to write a sentence about

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version