Username
Password
Victory Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Victory Records
Inside AP.net

Victory Signs Blackguard

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (10/11/10)
Victory Records have signed Montreal's Blackguard.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
08:10 PM on 10/11/10
Theseventhson
User Info.
Haven't bands learned not to sign with Victory at this point?
08:12 PM on 10/11/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I guess Montreal didn't get the memo.
08:15 PM on 10/11/10
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You'd think so.
08:29 PM on 10/11/10
gagematt
:)
User Info.
Facepalm.
08:32 PM on 10/11/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
And Victory thinks this going to sell for them?
08:34 PM on 10/11/10
DUSTINtheWind
User Info.
Hey guys, I have the perfect band idea... lets all act and look like Vikings!
08:41 PM on 10/11/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
wow Victory if your trying to turn into a shitty metal label you are doing a Fantastic job at it
08:44 PM on 10/11/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
And Victory thinks this going to sell for them?
They wont. They will put out there records and hope for the best. That is what tony does to any band he first signs. Until they do amazing well like ADTR they will just have to fend of themselves and deal with Victory Records giving them the shaft on promo and whatever else they may have hoped that tony promised them
08:46 PM on 10/11/10
xsandwichesx
Back from hiatus
User Info.
How to make a band break up: Sign to Victory Records.
08:47 PM on 10/11/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Hey guys, I have the perfect band idea... lets all act and look like Vikings!
http://www.last.fm/music/Blackguard/+similar

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign
They wont. They will put out there records and hope for the best. That is what tony does to any band he first signs. Until they do amazing well like ADTR they will just have to fend of themselves and deal with Victory Records giving them the shaft on promo and whatever else they may have hoped that tony promised them
But with bands like ADTR, there's mainstream appeal. These guys are only going to sell records to people who are loyal metal fans and in particular, those that are fans of whatever sub-genre this is. Victory won't be able to do much more for them and still expect it to work.
08:55 PM on 10/11/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
http://www.last.fm/music/Blackguard/+similar

But with bands like ADTR, there's mainstream appeal. These guys are only going to sell records to people who are loyal metal fans and in particular, those that are fans of whatever sub-genre this is. Victory won't be able to do much more for them and still expect it to work.
Yup that's how victory works. They sign bands they like this that they know only one type of music fan will like and hope for the best. If they bomb less money they have to dish out for promo and less time they have to have there street team follow the band around. I have gone to a shit load of ADTR shows and there is Street teamers crawling all over that fucking place. But bands like Dr.Acula and A Hero A Fake there is not a street teamer to be found. And thats due to Victory knows damn well those bands are only going to draw a small amount of people who only care about that band and that band only and do not care about any promo they give out on a band like Sliverstein. So why waste the money and the time on having out stuff that will never make it home. When they could spend more time dumping money into having street teamers standing outside shows of bands like ADTR that are going to have fans that will take the promo stuff on Silverstein and it will make it home.
09:02 PM on 10/11/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Yup that's how victory works. They sign bands they like this that they know only one type of music fan will like and hope for the best. If they bomb less money they have to dish out for promo and less time they have to have there street team follow the band around. I have gone to a shit load of ADTR shows and there is Street teamers crawling all over that fucking place. But bands like Dr.Acula and A Hero A Fake there is not a street teamer to be found. And thats due to Victory knows damn well those bands are only going to draw a small amount of people who only care about that band and that band only and do not care about any promo they give out on a band like Sliverstein. So why waste the money and the time on having out stuff that will never make it home. When they could spend more time dumping money into having street teamers standing outside shows of bands like ADTR that are going to have fans that will take the promo stuff on Silverstein and it will make it home.
I understand how Victory works. What I'm trying to grasp is why would they sign a band they know will NEVER be financially successful for them.
09:11 PM on 10/11/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I understand how Victory works. What I'm trying to grasp is why would they sign a band they know will NEVER be financially successful for them.
From the way they have been signing they are trying to turn into a metal band. I think Tony knew before he signed them that they where not going to do dick for them on the money side. But they might get them more Black Metal fans
09:15 PM on 10/11/10
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
I saw a Dean guitar, I backed right the fuck out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests