|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Edisun (questions answered by Ethan Isaac - lead vocalist)
1. How did you get your band name?
Edisun is a spinoff of the great inventor Thomas Edison, inspired by invention and electricity.
2. How did this band get started?
I was introduced to Jonathan Svec by former partners Claude Villani and Arma Andon, who were managing such acts as Godsmack, Sinead O'Conner, Ra and Petshop Boys. We started working on writing and recording new music right away. There was a natural chemistry between the two of us.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
U2, Soundgarden and Led Zeppelin
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Soundgarden, because they're back together.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A bear, so I could sleep all winter.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
The Edisun record is a genuine, boundless sound that will universally reach all listeners.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Medicate" - not hard. Music is not meant to be complicated.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our producer, Claude Villani. And God.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Everything, except the music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Edisun made a combat landing in a C-130 plane into Telfar, Iraq, and continued the tour in Blackhawk helicopters.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Everyone knows it means Absolute Punk.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Voices"- because it changes every night on stage. We have the chance to improve and expand each time.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Australia - because the women are topless on the beach and kangaroos are cool.
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd like to be invisible.
15. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I'll never feel that way - there will always be something more to accomplish. Once you feel like you've "made it", what is there left to do?
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Everything. I don't have a public wall on my Facebook page.
17. What's your favorite holiday?
4th of July, because things blow up.
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
If I told you, they wouldn't be hidden anymore.
11:24 PM on 11/02/10
rolling science in your back pocket
More From This Author