AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Punchline - 12.15.06

Interviewed by
Punchline - 12.15.06Was Jon your first choice to replace Greg?
Yes he was. Jon Belan is the man. He has been our friend forever. He is from the same town as us. He is an amazing singer and songwriter. We love him and we're glad he's in our band.

How'd you come up with the concept for Texas Toast?
Me and my associate Tony Hartman came up with the idea in McAllen, TX. All of a sudden, we were full blown cartoonists. We're very happy with the best damn cartoon series on the internet. We got the Christmas episode coming out soon, complete with a guest voice by Mark Hoppus. Fuck yeah.

How did you become such good friends with Bayside?
We have been playing shows together forever. I love those guys like brothers. I think we are officially brothers, we cut our hands and rubbed the blood together. That actually would make for a good Bayside tshirt.

Did you contact Fueled By Ramen First or did they contact you before they offered you a deal?
They caught wind of us through a very nice girl named Amanda Yu who was on their street team. They came to see us play at the Purple Porpoise in Gainesville and liked us. Then they offered us a record contract. We signed it.

Is there any meaning behind Punchline?
Yes, we are all very meaningful people. We are trying to figure out the meaning of life as a matter of fact. I say that its having a good time.

What was it like for you to be part of the tribute to The Counting Crows record?
It was cool because we were already covering Round Here anyway. I love Counting Crows. Adam Duritz, I love you.

Did you guys come up with the idea for the artwork on 37 Everywhere?
We came up with the idea of a crazy world filled with 37s (just like the actual world). Jason Sho Green hooked it up with badass artwork. That guy is good.

How do you guys usually go about with the writing process?
Every song is different. Some we write seperately, some we all get together and write. Every song is its own adventure. I like that we can record songs in the van now too. We just recorded a Christmas rap song in the van. We love it

Have you started to write for the follow-up to 37 Everywhere?
Yes we have, and as soon as this tour ends next week, we'll be writing intensely for the next album. I think you're gonna like it. I think you're gonna like it a lot.

Any plans for another split EP or an EP itself?
Nope, no EPs. Only LPs. We have tons and tons of songs, we don't wanna cut it short!

Whats your favorite song to play live?
They Are Strong Hands, because its fun to play my electric bass on that song.

If you could take any three Fueled By Ramen bands on tour with you who would they be?
The Stereo, Slowreader, and Fall Out Boy.

How has the tour youre currently on been going?
Its going fantastic. I love the bands that are on this tour and have been on this tour. Big ups to Spitalfield, Valencia, Over It, Boys Like Girls, Peachcake, and all the bands that have only been on one show, like Hero's Last Mission and Holiday Unheard Of. Hell fuckin yeah.

Future tour plans?
We are taking a small break from tour, but we might be doing the UK next. Nothing set in stone as writing is our main focus now.

What have been some of the best/worst experiences you've had as a band?
I'd rather just focus on the best, because talking about the worst sucks! The best experiences I have had have been making awesome friends all over the place. My best experiences on this tour were the 2 80s dance parties we had in Florida. I danced my goddamn ass off. Man I love touring and I love music. Thanks for interviewing me. I love you Rob.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
03:48 PM on 12/13/06
whyte39
www.alexwhyte.com
User Info.
steve is the man
EDIT:
goddamnit
fine chris is
either way punchline is the man
03:54 PM on 12/13/06
abbietoeknee
User Info.
chris is the bigger man? i think thats who we speakin of
03:57 PM on 12/13/06
justlive
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm pretty sure that's chris actually.
but still a very cool interview.
i love those guys. :]
04:02 PM on 12/13/06
IAmAmazing
I want to beLIEve
User Info.
haha, punchline's awesome
04:04 PM on 12/13/06
shermanology
Dubnium
User Info.
this interview should have been 37 questions long.

punchline is great, love those guys.
04:06 PM on 12/13/06
DaveHallow
is APPLEcore
User Info.
He-hey Chris Fafalios here!
04:34 PM on 12/13/06
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
A little short but cool. Great band.
04:35 PM on 12/13/06
StimulisRocker
User Info.
shoudl of asked about paul
04:48 PM on 12/13/06
ESundy36
GO FRIARS!
User Info.
I love Punchline.
04:53 PM on 12/13/06
decrescendo27
www.KillLincolnDC.com
User Info.
haha chris is the fuckin man

more bands need dudes like him
05:00 PM on 12/13/06
falloutboy.
yo
User Info.
i will continue to say it until they officially receive this title: Punchline is 2006's most underrated band
05:23 PM on 12/13/06
eapanfil
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Totally agree. They are the 2006's most underrated band.
06:53 PM on 12/13/06
thisisrightnow
Road Slut
User Info.
i will continue to say it until they officially receive this title: Punchline is 2006's most underrated band

Punchline is the last three years underrated band. :) Those guys are just amazing.
07:05 PM on 12/13/06
CorporateFish
Viva la Weez
User Info.
Agreed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version