AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
07:55 AM on 11/08/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
People are freaking ridiculous. Get off each other's backs kids above me!!!

I actually like this band. I think Velocity are signing pretty good bands, while Rise have been signine kinda crappy bands. BUt their Velocity sub label actually has some decent bands, like this one!

They have 4 bands. And 3 are shit except of mswhite which are riminiscent of underoath.
09:46 AM on 11/08/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
Woe, Is Me = My favorite band on Velocity. I think their singer needs to sing less, but they remind me a lot of Of Machines, just not as good.

You can't compare them to Of Machines.
03:53 AM on 11/09/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
Why not? They sound a lot like them, and even have their original drummer!!! You cannot deny they don't have a similar sound.

Regardless, Decoder trumps both of those bands!

Their sound is a little bit equal.
but Of Machines had a very different programming. and the programming of woe is me sounds the same in everything song, and that is a fact.
08:45 AM on 11/09/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, what you are comparing is the programming??????? Sorry its early in the morning and I am not thinking right cause I just woke up, but I think its hilarious that you compare the 2 bands based on their programming.

I am comparing them based on ACTUAL music! And to that point, Woe, is Me is not as talented as Of Machines, but have a similar feel and vibe.

No offense, perhaos I should have written this when I am more awake!

no problem, its your opinion and i won't kill you for that ;)

i heard "as if everything was held in place" today and i got a feeling which is far away from the one i get by hearing woe is me.
but that's my feeling. and feelings and opinions can't be the same everytime. and of machines bring an awsome feeling on me.
09:48 AM on 11/09/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
No thats cool dude, I totally agree with you on that. I just hear similarities, thats all. In no way are they as good. Of Machines was a freaking great band!

why did they get broken?
11:12 PM on 11/09/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
Why did they break up? I dunno tensions, band members were leaving left and right. The band just crumbled and were not able to rebuild.

Very sad. i like(d) them a lot. :(

OH, but if you DO want a band that sounds like Of Machines, go buy A Bullet For Pretty Boy's new album. Its so freaking good!

I heard some tracks from them. It really doesn't appeal to me.
11:39 PM on 11/09/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
Huh, oh well!

I hope you like the new underOath. Everyone with a grain of musical taste should love that album!

Easily the best album of the year!
Yeah, i like it a lot!
Paper Lung is awesome!
10:35 AM on 11/10/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
Yea Paper Lung and Vacant Mouth are my favorites right now.

Mine too. Plus "Who Will Guard The Guardians"
01:05 PM on 11/10/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
I was gonna say that too. plus the song after vacant mouth (cant remember the name) about halfway through they get into this super cool groove (after spencer does that long spoken yell thingy). the guitars sounds so 90s!!!
i don't like that song so much. worst one in my opinion but that doesn't mean that it's bad.
10:52 PM on 11/10/10
slowmotion90
User Info.
really? i do not think there can be a "worst" song on this album. the riff right before "the beggars and choosers..." is epic! i think it really shows them breaking out of there element, but then again thats what the whole album does!!!

I agree.
But i think that, that there is always a worst one.
But the riff is awesome like the whole album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos