AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streetlight Manifesto News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Update Manifesto

Posted by - 12:57 PM on 10/20/10
An update from Streetlight Manifesto can be read in the replies.

Submitted by takeaction

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:57 PM on 10/20/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
UpdateTHE SHORT VERSION:
A) Summer tours were awesome, thank you!
B) New music video for "Just", plus contest for something potentially and most likely awesome.
C) Early 2011 tours will focus on trying new places. We are coming for you. Personally.
D) New record (original material this time) is in the works! Last one on a corporate label. Ever.
E) Merch Sale! 15% off EVERYTHING!
F) Streetlight singer takes on Mr. Dan Potthast on new split CD & video
G) Unit

The long, indulgent version:

Hello Again!
So about a month ago we finally got back home from our longest tour, well, ever. The Ship of Fools Tour took us all over the states for 6 weeks, then over to Europe for another 4 weeks. We had exactly one day off between the two legs and it'd be quite the understatement to say we were exhausted by the end of it all (we had more shows in europe than days thanks to a double header at two German Festivals and zero days off). That being said, it was also our best tour to date, for a few reasons, not least of which was the turnout at the shows. Most of the US shows were indeed sold out (or oversold, sorry!)(we hate that as much as you guys do), and it was our first time doing a bunch of fests in europe (we played with G'N'Friggin'R… surreal), plus good ol' Leeds/Reading again. It was quite the summer for us…

Moving along:
First off, new music video! It's for "Just", originally by Radiohead, from our covers record "99 Songs Of Revolution: Vol I". Check it out here:

Now the video may seem to make no sense to, well, all of you, but there is some sort of method to the madness. In fact, we're going to hold a bit of a contest: If anyone can explain the video (what it means and what the hell is going on) to us via email, we will send you something. Not sure what yet, but the first person to hit the nail on the head will get something simply awesome. We'll call this the "LEAST THOUGHT OUT CONTEST EVER". Go!

Next:
We've been flooded with emails asking us one of two things:
1) When are you guys going to release a new record?
and
2) When are you coming to (INSERT YOUR CITY/COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE HERE)?

So, here are the answers:
1) We are spending the next couple of months in and out of the studio. Finally! The last SM record on our current label has finally commenced recording! FREEEEEEDOOOMMMMMM!
2) Soon! We're in the middle of booking tons and tons of tours for 2011 and we'll be hitting many, many places we've never been, both in our country, our neighboring countries and as far away as the other side of the world. So, yeah, stay tuned, we will be announcing dates as soon as we confirm them.

Also:
RISC Store SALE! Because, well, why not? All Streetlight merch is 15% off until Nov 1st. Go to The RISC Store

Lastly:
Tomas (Streetlight's singer, under the name Toh Kay) and Dan Potthast will be releasing a split LP on November 16th via The Pentimento Music Company, in which they reinterpret 5 of each other's songs (each) with acoustic instruments. The CD will be available via the RISC Store here (You can pre-order now, and this time we have the ability to not melt down under a ton of orders, seriously) or digitally, via iTunes and the like.
For a sample of what the record will sound like, why don't you head on over to Youtube and check out the music video for "I've Set Sail", right here:

Aaaaaand, that's it for now... Take care of each other
01:02 PM on 10/20/10
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
new material soon!
01:04 PM on 10/20/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Very, very cool. One of my favorite ska bands, can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve.
01:05 PM on 10/20/10
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
no link to video

EDIT: no link to second video either
01:25 PM on 10/20/10
Zorlak
Crusher Destroyer
User Info.
Guess i'm buying some stuff from the merch store today.
01:28 PM on 10/20/10
Illinoise2
Je n'existe pas.
User Info.
So excited to hear from them.
01:30 PM on 10/20/10
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Got this email yesterday and was so happy! New material is severely needed
01:46 PM on 10/20/10
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
the G) Unit made me lol
02:17 PM on 10/20/10
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
the G) Unit made me lol
haha this.
02:22 PM on 10/20/10
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Wonder where they are going after Victory.
02:42 PM on 10/20/10
philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
User Info.
Wonder where they are going after Victory.
Self releasing stuff.
03:19 PM on 10/20/10
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
I can't beelive it's been almost 3 years since SITB
04:55 PM on 10/20/10
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I never understood Victory being interested in releasing SKA bands, bad marriage for both
05:15 PM on 10/20/10
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
either this band is just not 100% into it, or victory records has really handcuffed them over the past few yearas because their new material/existance ratio is poor. PLus 99 covers of revolution is over? that could've been done fast

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos