Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 102
05:45 PM on 10/21/10
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
User Info.
has anyone here been to the elliott smith mural in california??...is it still there??...thats something i really want to see in my lifetime
It's still there, though it's unfortunately covered in graffiti. There's been some efforts to restore it, but I think the owners of the store it's a part of aren't interested anymore. You can read about it here: http://savefigure8.com/
05:45 PM on 10/21/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
05:49 PM on 10/21/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Amazing write-up Eda. RIP Elliott Smith. May your music continue to move people.
05:53 PM on 10/21/10
towrope
User Info.
Two of the worst things to happen in music was the death of Elliott Smith and Jeff Buckley.
05:54 PM on 10/21/10
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
User Info.
It was really great to log onto the site and read this. I'm a late bloomer to this guy's music, but I'm loving everything I've heard so far. Great talent who left us way too soon.
05:55 PM on 10/21/10
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.
Ironically I've been all about his tunes lately
06:05 PM on 10/21/10
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
I really like Baby Britain but nothing else has really grabbed me. Aside from whats already posted can someone rec some songs, maybe in the same vein?

Also RIP, I'm not the biggest fan but I most definitely respect him. Lueda you should definitely write more
06:07 PM on 10/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
RIP indeed, such an amazing musician, if there was one deceased person i could meet, it would be this man.

and what you wrote was awesome, i can definitely relate. He is one and always will be one of my favorites.
Thank you; it feels great to know that so many other people feel the same way about him.

Very heartfelt blurb, it has definitely inspired me to finally get round to really listening to his stuff, I've no idea why I haven't listened to much before.
I hope you can find something you like in his discography.

Start with Either/Or.

Beautifully written, Eda. Actually makes me emotional reading it. So badly missed, I've been listening to From A Basement On The Hill today and watching so many YouTube videos of him.

R.I.P.

I think Eda should write more.

^ My two cents.

Great job, honestly.

Excellent write up Eda! You pretty much summed up my thoughts on Elliott Smith perfectly, I couldn't have said it better. Either/Or will always be my favorite album by him, it helped me through so many rough times. I wish he was still around, I wonder what his albums would sound like now.

Amazing write-up Eda. RIP Elliott Smith. May your music continue to move people.

These comments mean a lot and they make me feel even better about having written this, so thank you.

This made me smile.

Rest in peace, Steven Paul Smith.
It couldn't be more true.

Pretty (Ugly Before) came on a few minutes ago and it made me tear up when he sings about how he used to feel "pretty ugly before." Wish we would have been able to convince him otherwise. He was a beautiful man despite his flaws.

I think that's one of the most depressing songs he's ever written. Listening to that kills me.

i bought figure 8 on a whim back in 2008.
until then i'd only heard the name Elliott Smith, and hadn't listened to any of his music.
that album is now one of my top five, it's such a beautiful album.
i recommend listening to Junk Bond Trader. that's probably my favorite song of mr. Smiths.

great review!
I'm guessing you've checked out the rest of his albums by now too? I hope so, anyway. But yeah, Figure 8 is incredible. Can relate to it so much right now.
06:08 PM on 10/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I live reading the kind words people have to say about Elliott. It's almost like we all feel the same and it's amazing how many thing we've all gotten through because of this beautiful little man. I hope that, wherever his energy is now, he finally found the comfort and peace that was missing during his time here.

I haven't been able to get over how awesome and delicate this version is.
One of my favourites songs by him.

Have you heard this cover of it by Dolorean? They're another favourite band of mine. Very similar to Elliott Smith, so check them out if you haven't yet.

06:10 PM on 10/21/10
knowthisx
brujah brujah!
User Info.
Great job, Eda. I'm sure you've turned a lot of new people on to this man's amazing music.

My favorite is either Ballad of Big Nothing or Speed Trials.
06:10 PM on 10/21/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I really like Baby Britain but nothing else has really grabbed me. Aside from whats already posted can someone rec some songs, maybe in the same vein?

Also RIP, I'm not the biggest fan but I most definitely respect him. Lueda you should definitely write more
Maybe this?

06:15 PM on 10/21/10
gemini089
ive been trying so hard to be good
User Info.
Love Elliot Smith and I wish he was still around making music. Funny between the bars is also my favorite song
06:15 PM on 10/21/10
letdownagain
All my love to long ago.
User Info.

I think that's one of the most depressing songs he's ever written. Listening to that kills me.

It is a hard song, but have you ever heard the "electric" version? I love it. "Clementine" also has a great electric version.

I think Waltz #2 (XO) is sonically similar. If you like that, check out the XO album.

I love this one, too. Too bad this song never got ("officially") released.

06:21 PM on 10/21/10
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
put in his CD for the first time in a LONG time today.. got home and saw this. bizarre but i love this guy
06:29 PM on 10/21/10
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
Wow I really dug that. I think I'm just more attracted to his bigger pop songs rather than his solo acoustic material

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos