11:17 PM on 10/21/10
honestykills
User Info.
RIP elliott. you were one of a kind.
11:19 PM on 10/21/10
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
which song is it? the video won't load. i'm gonna go ahead and assume either Baby Britain or somethin off of his S/T.
it's "High Times"
11:22 PM on 10/21/10
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
That's one of the previously unreleased tracks, right? I've gotta get myself caught up.
11:25 PM on 10/21/10
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
That's one of the previously unreleased tracks, right? I've gotta get myself caught up.
yeah, it was on the New Moon double disc CD that came out a few years back.
11:26 PM on 10/21/10
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
It's also worth mentioning to people who are unfamiliar with him to get the upcoming release "An Introduction to Elliott Smith," due out November 1st.
11:37 PM on 10/21/10
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Thank you; it feels great to know that so many other people feel the same way about him.

I hope you can find something you like in his discography.

Start with Either/Or.

These comments mean a lot and they make me feel even better about having written this, so thank you.

It couldn't be more true.

Pretty (Ugly Before) came on a few minutes ago and it made me tear up when he sings about how he used to feel "pretty ugly before." Wish we would have been able to convince him otherwise. He was a beautiful man despite his flaws.

I think that's one of the most depressing songs he's ever written. Listening to that kills me.

I'm guessing you've checked out the rest of his albums by now too? I hope so, anyway. But yeah, Figure 8 is incredible. Can relate to it so much right now.
I agree it's a very depressing song. This song is just especially powerful to me because The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies. It's just an arresting scene - in any movie, ever.
11:46 PM on 10/21/10
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
I agree it's a very depressing song. This song is just especially powerful to me because The Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies. It's just an arresting scene - in any movie, ever.
i was thinking about watching that movie tonight just because i wanted to see that scene.
11:59 PM on 10/21/10
Dog_Sized_Bird
User Info.
Without a doubt one of the most important musicians ever to live. Elliott knew how to convey emotion through song like no other. Eternally missed...
12:16 AM on 10/22/10
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
While I loved the stuff that introduced me to him (Royal Tenebaums Soundtrack/Good Will Hunting) and his music is great, I'll always love more than anything the wonderful cover songs he recorded for Thumbsucker

12:50 AM on 10/22/10
als1741
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man I love elliott smith as much as the next person, but you need to quite being so "emo" about his death. You couldn't listen to his album for a year? You have major emotional problems. Seek professional help ASAP.
01:25 AM on 10/22/10
cortezthekilla
sur la montagne.
User Info.
I've been playing his library of songs all week. And I've been wearing red shoes because he loved red shoes.

Definitely a somber but joyful day. What a good dude, lost a good one.
01:27 AM on 10/22/10
TheSlug
User Info.
Angeles is so good.
"No one's gonna fool around with us." <3
Seriously, Rest in Peace Elliott.
01:31 AM on 10/22/10
ashleybullets
Wicked Witch of the West
User Info.
Lueda, I don't think I could've explained my love for Elliott Smith as well as you did! I'm in tears at work, I still can't believe it's been 7 years. I remember one of my friends in high school telling me about his death and I couldn't believe it.
I think I will put on Figure 8 when I leave work. RIP Elliott, you are still missed oh so much.
04:36 AM on 10/22/10
Nick Hull
I want you to know
User Info.
"I’ll never get to know him now, I’m still gonna love him anyhow."

an idol has come, and an idol has passed. but he will never be forgotten.
05:28 AM on 10/22/10
WinterInMyBones
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He has constantly released great records, even up to his death. Great Weekly Nostalgia, but he didn't need to go so soon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos