Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 102 of 102.
05:05 AM on 10/22/10
introduction
You're not real musician!
User Info.
Elliott Smith has one of the most painful collection of releases I have ever heard in my life. It's almost cathartic when you finish one of his albums; it's amazing. A great choice for the nostalgia section.
05:28 AM on 10/22/10
suppyguppy
User Info.
Well written piece. "Waltz #2" is quite possibly my favorite song of all time. Miss this guy.
05:31 AM on 10/22/10
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Did anyone here ever actually see him perform? Just curious.
05:56 AM on 10/22/10
Aurvine
The Fallen Interlude
User Info.
It's disconcertingly weird that 'Everything means nothing to me' was on repeat just as I logged into AP and saw this thread.

His music pleasantly haunting, like that comfortable pressure on a wound, or the icy cold of a tap on a burn; it just washes over you and feels you with deep reverie. Despite this contemplative state I still canít imagine how painful his life mustíve been, even the manner of its ending just fills me with shivers.
Rest in peace Elliott, the anonymous one who still managed to give us an emotional voice.
05:58 AM on 10/22/10
HBRDSP
Check out my band Key to the Midway
User Info.
I've always really liked Elliot Smith's guitar playing... RIP for sure. I have to admit I really dig Bryce Avery's cover of "Ballad of Big Nothing"
05:58 AM on 10/22/10
Say Nothing
Oh the burdens of time
User Info.
Fantastic article.
07:31 AM on 10/22/10
augustana
User Info.
I got into Elliott Smith a year after his passing (I was 12), and to this day it basically kills me that I will never have the opportunity to see this man live. I'm into lots of artists that have passed, but none of the deaths have bothered me as much as Elliott, or even Jeff Buckley, because their music moves me in ways that others will never be able to.
07:54 AM on 10/22/10
Sunken In
All I think about is floating away
User Info.
Eda, I got chills reading that.
09:54 PM on 10/22/10
jetsetvenom
User Info.
I love this piece. Thank you for writing it. I also love that every Elliott fan is on the same page with how deeply they connect with him.

Love you and miss you Elliott <33
07:25 AM on 10/23/10
Roman Candle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Elliott saved my life.
I don't like posting on this site much for some reason. I check for music updates and that's really it. This though. This I guess I had to say something on.
There are no words, not truly for what it meant, finding meaning in his voice and comfort in his guitar. There's no words for the pain of never seeing him on stage. There's only his music, it's all that can speak for what we have no ability and no justice to say.
I went to the 400 Bar in Minneapolis a couple years ago for Conor Oberst debut of new material that would become his post Bright Eyes work. I saw Elliott's name on an old Marquee in the back of the bar and my heart sunk, but not sadly, just, felt, heavier... he played that stage, he was there once, and that emotion lapped over my heart in waves. When Conor came back for an encore, I gave him my Elliott button, I don't know why, that night just felt like it need to be capped with that. It was a beautiful cold night.
I watched the Buddy Holly story a few hours ago and teared a little. Two completely different stories, but both rang with the same note, potential lost too early.
They are frozen timeless, in tragedy, in beauty. We have to treasure that, every day.
I love you Elliott, I love you so much. Thank you, for everything.

07:35 AM on 10/25/10
SquidAtTheDisco
User Info.
RIP Elliott. Thank you for saying what everyone else wanted to <3
04:22 PM on 10/21/11
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
User Info.
Probably my favorite of his. RIP.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE