Username
Password

Article
« Back to Articles

3 Udders Productions

Written by: Melissa Johnson (12/19/06)
3 Udders Productions (Staff Lists)

Joshua (CEO/Co-Founder)
10) Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots (Universal/Motown): I was the first person to book this band here in the San Francisco Bay Area and it was such a horrible show. S.T.G. never even got to take the stage because of the fact 4 people had shown up. It is to this date, the only show I've ever had to shut down. However, it doesn't stop me from picking this newly remastered version of "We are pilots" as my number 10 pick for this year. They've cleaned up the sound and made it much more rich. A great album.
9) Kill Hannah - Until there's nothing left of us (Atlantic): I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for picking this album as one of my top 10 but you have to understand the kind of music I listen to to understand why I picked this album. I love the electro/rock genre and these guys have it down to a science. This album is great from beginning to end. I love it and think their live show only helps their cause to be on this list.
8) 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Life (Virgin): Jered Leto has really turned into an amazing singer/songwriter. I was a little worried with their first self titled album but this one proves to all the doubters that this band can thrive even if they have an actor in their line up.
7) Deftones - Saturday Night Wrists (Maverick): This was the first Deftones album I've ever bought and I have to kick myself in the ass for waiting so long. This is an amazing album with some of the best songwriting I've heard in a long time. Chino and the guys have outdone themselves with this latest release and I can't wait to go through some of their older albums and really get into this band.
6) Wolfmother - S/T (Modular): One word, epic. Go get this album. It's an instant classic.
5) The Shys - Astoria (Sire): Great live band, great album, great sound. All around great band and album.
4) Run DMC - The Ultimate Run DMC: Even though all the songs came out when I was just a wee break dancing lad (yes, I used to break dance) this album TECHNICALLY came out this year. So it's on my top 5. Piss off! It's my list. :)
3) Portugal. The Man - Waiter: You vultures! (Fearless): This is one of my favorite albums of all time. These guys have a very unique sound and amazing songwriting ability. Their live shows are a little less amazing but none-the-less, this is an album that will stand the test of time.
2) Vaux - Beyond Virtue, Beyond Vice (Outlook): One of the best bands to ever come out of Denver. Did I mention this band is still unsigned? They won't be for long.
1) Silversun Pickups - Carnavas (Dangerbird): THE BEST ALBUM I'VE HEARD IN OVER TEN YEARS! AMAZING! THRILLING! I can't express enough how excited I am about this band. This is by far the best album of 2006.

No one has commented on this article.
You can be the first.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums