AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: Envy's North American Tour 2010

Posted by - 12:26 PM on 10/28/10
Head here for a review of Envy's last night in Austin on their first North American headlining tour ever and first time back in the U.S. in four years.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
12:29 PM on 10/28/10
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Such a good lineup.
12:55 PM on 10/28/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I didn't get to stay for Envy's whole set at the Anaheim show, but they were incredible. Wish more kids didn't leave after La Dispute. The show overall was great, awesome line-up of bands. I never listened to And so I Watch You From Afar before, but I was hooked. La Dispute was great too, but kids at the show were definitely going crazy for Touche -- it was exactly like this:
Quote:
Within the first song, kids were climbing the stage for Touche Amore's set. Passionate and commanding, the band's half hour was crammed with crowd chants and plenty of stage diving.
12:57 PM on 10/28/10
Tyler Vagyler
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
soooo pissed that this didn't come anywhere close to me
01:12 PM on 10/28/10
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
i was at that show. man was it great!
02:56 PM on 10/28/10
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
I didn't get to stay for Envy's whole set at the Anaheim show, but they were incredible. Wish more kids didn't leave after La Dispute. The show overall was great, awesome line-up of bands. I never listened to And so I Watch You From Afar before, but I was hooked. La Dispute was great too, but kids at the show were definitely going crazy for Touche -- it was exactly like this:
As a southern californian I've already seen Touche Amore 5 or 6 times but that was one of the wildest sets I've ever seen them play. Definitely the craziest show they've played at Chain Reaction. Even Jeremy said after 2 songs it was already the best show they played there.
This is the best tour I've seen this year.
03:15 PM on 10/28/10
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
Touche and La Dispute are always really fun, I wish I could've went to the actual tour instead of a house show on an off date. I had fun regardless
03:36 PM on 10/28/10
ACA
Next Show: Run the Jewels NYC 11/29
User Info.
This is not coming to NYC is it? Or did I miss it?
03:52 PM on 10/28/10
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
This is not coming to NYC is it? Or did I miss it?
i think it did with Trash Talk instead of La Dispute...it was the first leg...yeah, Austin was the last night of the tour...
05:03 PM on 10/28/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
As a southern californian I've already seen Touche Amore 5 or 6 times but that was one of the wildest sets I've ever seen them play. Definitely the craziest show they've played at Chain Reaction. Even Jeremy said after 2 songs it was already the best show they played there.
This is the best tour I've seen this year.
It was my first time seeing them, haha. I only recently got into Touche and La Dispute. Touche was absolutely amazing though and their set was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to see them play more.
05:25 PM on 10/28/10
thelastturtle
Title Fight rules.
User Info.
I saw this show in Denver earlier this month. So good. Envy's closer for the night gave me shivers up my spine. Touche Amore ruled as always.
06:26 PM on 10/28/10
sargenthouse
User Info.
Saw the tour in Los Angeles and all the bands were excellent. Loved it.
07:54 PM on 10/28/10
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.
Touche, La Dispute, and Trash Talk were bland, uninspired, and annoying. I listened to a bit of each band and then went outside to smoke until Envy...who was probably the best live band I've ever seen.
10:18 PM on 10/28/10
stoopkid8215
afraid to leave the stoop.
User Info.
I wish i could have caught one of these shows.
12:46 AM on 10/29/10
Zorlak
Crusher Destroyer
User Info.
I was at the San Diego show, it was awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos