Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
06:15 AM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
Great review! I really like this album, especially "Coward." I actually interviewed Buddy recently about it if anyone's curious: http://www.ourstage.com/blog/2010/10...th-senses-fail

Solid interview. You asked some questions I hadn't seen asked in other interviews. Thanks for directing me towards this.
06:22 AM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
If you own one Senses Fail album, it should be Let It Enfold You.
If you want to buy another one, buy From the Depths of Dreams.

After that, they're all about the same.

Haha did you read what you typed out before you hit submit?
07:14 AM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
Yep. Still Searching is a good album, whatever their last one was I didn't listen to more than once and Fire did nothing for me when I listened to the stream a few times, so in my opinion their early albums were better.

Well when I started listening to SF I was like 18, so that math probably works.

I find it hard to believe you're saying Let It Enfold You is their worst record, when most longterm fans of the band will name that as their favorite SF album. Depths of Dreams is just personal preference.

I can respect a person's opinion. I listened to Let It Enfold You when it came out years ago but in my opinion it was catchy and decent for that time. Their music, both musically and lyrically, changed so much from that record to Still Searching in such a positive way that they not only garnered great reviews but also increased their fan base. Had they stayed with writing LIEY over again they would have became another generic band. I'm not out to change your mind however I urge you to open your mind one more time, throw the three records after Let It Enfold You on, close your eyes and listen to the music again. You can hear and feel the intensity increase with each album.
10:49 AM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
i remember when i first hears sf when i was 15 (now im 24) my friend picked me up to go to band practice and said "hey have u heard this new band drive thru signed?" i guess he had an original copy of from the depths of dreams that was released on ECA records. when he played it the first thing that came to my mind was that the melody and the tone of his vocals sounded so honest. i didnt even have to know what he was saying. the only other band i could think of that sounded like them was glassjaw or finch. pop punk and drive thru were huge and this was deff something different from what i was listening to at the time.

i have been listening to them since almost the beginning and if there's ones band i can say i actually grew up listening to it would be senses fail. they've matured more and more each record. and the fire deff reminds me of the honesty in the vocals from the ep.

I can actually remember hearing about when they got signed and realizing there was something special and honest about this group. Well put.
08:49 PM on 10/29/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
at least someone agrees.

As a strong fan for years, "Four Years" is one of their best.
06:29 PM on 10/30/10
DontCare
Guide Yourself
User Info.
It's a shame the band doesn't play many songs from that album. I really like almost the entire album.

Speaking of "Four Years", did anyone notice how there's a guitar riff in "The Fire" (the actual song around 38 seconds at the pre-chorus) that is very similar to the main riff in "Four Years"?

I listened to it when I read this. For a split second I see how it sounds the same.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos