AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 180
08:41 PM on 11/03/10
girthman
User Info.
I do love the new album, but I must say that Still Searching, Life is Not a Waiting Room, and The Fire all kind of sound the same. I happen to like that sound but it would be great if they re-visited their roots on their next album.
09:28 PM on 11/04/10
ManInMusicBox
Says the spider to the fly...
User Info.
Yeah I'm one of those guys who goes back to middle school then eventually gets arrested for like 20 counts of statutory rape.
I have the 'sex predator' on my iphone, fyi ;)
04:33 AM on 11/05/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I have the 'sex predator' on my iphone, fyi ;)
I've never been convicted, so you'll never know.
04:54 AM on 11/05/10
ManInMusicBox
Says the spider to the fly...
User Info.
I've never been convicted, so you'll never know.
fine....door is unlocked....please bring lube.....and pie
06:29 AM on 11/05/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
fine....door is unlocked....please bring lube.....and pie
If you're familiar with To Catch a Predator, I only bring wine coolers and cool whip, and I love cats.
07:14 PM on 11/08/10
Gnawliryc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you can't see the meaning and meanings behind their songs why listen? Does everything have to be simple and dumbed down to understand? I see lots of people criticizing Life Is Not A Waiting Room. I have heard "fans" and "the band" were disappointed with it. I am stunned by this! The album has depth, meaning, and emotions that are rarely found in bands nowadays. They aren't just a genuine and honest rock band staying consistantly good. They are creating music with meaning. Still Searching has ALOT of meaning and is definitely amazing, but so is L.I.N.A.W.R. and if you can't find it then your just missing out.
I entirely agree. I absolutely loved LINAWR, and I actually think it is possibly their best work. Some of the songs are second-rate, but like Buddy said in an interview, you are supposed to listen to the album as a whole, not just individual songs.
Also I find it really sad that people miss out on the meaning of the songs. While I don't really know the meanings behind their songs, I can easily feel the emotion behind the songs. It's just like Nirvana. Their most popular album was Nevermind, but it didn't have nearly as much meaning as did In Utero.
I have to be honest though. LINAWR is what got me into SF. Mostly Lungs Like Gallows (their best song IMO) but then Garden State, Family Tradition, and Chandelier all brought me in. I like to hear the occasional song from LIEY or FtDoD, but i highly prefer anything past SS.
08:08 PM on 11/08/10
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
Yep. Still Searching is a good album, whatever their last one was I didn't listen to more than once and Fire did nothing for me when I listened to the stream a few times, so in my opinion their early albums were better.

Well when I started listening to SF I was like 18, so that math probably works.

I find it hard to believe you're saying Let It Enfold You is their worst record, when most longterm fans of the band will name that as their favorite SF album. Depths of Dreams is just personal preference.
Honestly it's so different for Senses Fail fans. I personally cannot stand Let it Enfold You. It sounds so sophomoric nowadays. Buddy's vocals and his lyrics are so poor compared to the newer records. I actually believe that LIEY was a big regression from From the Depths of Dreams, which still holds a special place in my heart. Still Searching is still the best SF record, as it has tremendous song writing, musicianship and vocals. This new one might be a contender, however.

Either way, I will never believe Let It Enfold You is the best stuff the band has written. But I suppose to each their own.
09:15 PM on 11/08/10
PoisonedWithInk
Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is
User Info.
i love all the people who diss on senses fail. grow the fuck up. this album is amazing
08:57 AM on 11/11/10
JonnyC23
User Info.
Wow it's wierd to see i'm like the only person who enjoyed Life Is Not Waiting Room I admit it wasnt as good as Still Searching and The Fire is better as well but songs on that album like Wolves At The Door, Yellow Angels and Blackout were some pretty damn solid songs. To me I enjoyed it just not as much as Still Searching and The Fire thats all
08:07 PM on 11/13/10
Gnawliryc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow it's wierd to see i'm like the only person who enjoyed Life Is Not Waiting Room I admit it wasnt as good as Still Searching and The Fire is better as well but songs on that album like Wolves At The Door, Yellow Angels and Blackout were some pretty damn solid songs. To me I enjoyed it just not as much as Still Searching and The Fire thats all
You aren't alone, I loved LINAWR too. Favorites were Ali for Cody (name sucks), Chandelier, and Lungs Like Gallows, but I still loved all the rest of the songs (Yellow Angels was really good).

I really can't understand why people hate it. It's a good album in general.
10:27 AM on 11/23/10
EternalEclipse
fight the power
User Info.
Great album. but in my opinion it would be 10 times better if Heath was still in the band. even so its still good
01:50 AM on 07/30/11
Zev Frazer
Zev Frazer
User Info.
I love this album. It's in my opinions there best yet. "Lifeboats" is maybe the best song on it.
08:27 PM on 05/30/12
mica182
all time low rules.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
good review. this album had some really good songs
03:12 PM on 02/15/13
emmareden
User Info.
great album, great review. I too like how it is both negative with positive undertows along the way. It sticks to its angsty guns from previous albums whilst still providing that ever so important glimmer of hope, which is also apparent in the unmentioned The Fire. A reason they named the album after this track I think.
07:44 PM on 04/14/13
ahriik
User Info.
Senses Fail being my favorite band, I'll fall in love with pretty much anything they put out haha. But I feel this is a really great album, truly. It's not perfect, and its a bit similar to their previous release (but that's not really a bad thing?). There is definitely emotion and aggression in this record, as well as some awesome lyrics. Irish Eyes is probably my favorite off this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos